Yamaha First shutdown the replay of the Live chat from the event smile
And NOW they SHUTDOWN and remove @ll the comments
What a Losers are they trying to DMG control
Is this demo from Martin Harris getting the same treatment wink
because thats also full of unhappy people
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8k3Wu7iujc

#509197 - 11/16/23 04:10 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
DannyUK Offline

I totally agree with most of the comments here, I was completely underwhelmed and expected much better for the length of time it took to arrive.

I have been using the Roland BK9 more than my Genos but maybe a Genos2 could inspire me to use it more often that I did the original.

Also where the hell are you Roland!!! Please just make one more KILLER TOTL that will last 20 years.

I will be very interested to see what the replacement to the SX900 will look like as that is something I will most likely get. The SX900 is fantastic and my favourite Yamaha board.

Edited by DannyUK (11/16/23 09:52 AM)

#509199 - 11/16/23 05:05 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: KeyBTyros]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Originally Posted By KeyBTyros
ARE YOU JOKING ME

Yamaha First shutdown the replay of the Live chat from the event smile
And NOW they SHUTDOWN and remove @ll the comments
What a Losers are they trying to DMG control
Is this demo from Martin Harris getting the same treatment wink
because thats also full of unhappy people
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8k3Wu7iujc

On the other hand, they are just businessmen. On Yamaha's products page they also filter users' ratings and comments; for example, for SX900 they published only one review, although it says "33 reviews"; my review wasn't totally positive, so it never got published. But my thought is still the same, I think the main problem is that the audience is rather small, so any word gets very noticeable.

By the way, it looks like they never promised a live event; they said "a very special online event".

I can see why people could expected more; but it also reasonable that Yamaha tried to keep Genos a Genos and not to turn it into something different. Basically, if it wasn't to fancy names, it could've been called "PSR-X20PRO" or something, but Yamaha figured out at some point that these products are rather about emotions and feelings rather than technicalities. They allow Korg to be more "geeky", whereas Yamaha tries to make arrangers "sexy", and so far it looks like it works.

For those who already has Genos and wants a big change, there's an option of Montage M.

Also I wonder how much depends on a good presentation. I my mind, most of demonstrators keep making the same mistake over and over again. I want to say to them: here's your chance to show your music to the world. Like Beatles, or Freddie Mercury; or Ennio Morricone, or someone else; don't demonstrate the keyboard, bring music to people.

Why I can't recall any music from the latest presentation? Music has the biggest power to influence, to manipulate; instead it goes like this: camera's ready, lights are ready; sound's recording, okay, let's play something... Certainly the man did a nice job, he played skillfully, but that's it - "I did my homework, give me my grade". And I blame the producers. They prefer to work with someone manageable, they want it safe.

When Mark Snow wrote his theme for "The X-Files" show, the producer wasn't that sure that the theme was right, as it sounded rather unusual, but he risked it and it became famous. I understand that it's easier said than done. Often I try to make the "right" demo myself and only after when it's ready I see that it's nothing special. But I dare to expect from them more, as they are the manufacturer, they have all the motivation and resources.

#509200 - 11/16/23 05:28 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: TheWolf]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By TheWolf

. Something very peculiar about the dev team.

What!!! It took ALL of them to do a rinse & repeat / copy and paste job!!!

Edited by DannyUK (11/16/23 09:53 AM)

#509201 - 11/16/23 06:14 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
KeyBTyros Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
They certainly made a mistake with the presentation that should have been different
I also think that is what made most people disapointed !
lets hope that in the next weeks we would get a different impression
atleast i hope so i do gonna buy it i didn't say its a bad keyboard !
But yeah let the people speak just look at all the comments
looks to me they should have listen more to there loyal cumstomers !

The only person i like in those pictures is Martin i wonder why !

#509202 - 11/16/23 06:58 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: Henni]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Henni
Ketron, you are even more clearly now in a league of your own! Well done..

Oh well, not everything is gold at Ketron either...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQFZXTE6Qa8
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#509203 - 11/16/23 07:10 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
I thought it was a good presentation and don't see what difference it makes if it was "live" or not. As for the Genos 2, some will be excited by the new features offered and some will not. Those that are impressed will buy it and the rest don't have to. $6500 is a lot of money although true pros and rich hobbyists can justify it. I'll stick with my old PA900 but I don't play too much anymore anyway.

#509204 - 11/16/23 07:22 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
Originally Posted By Henni
Ketron, you are even more clearly now in a league of your own! Well done..

Oh well, not everything is gold at Ketron either...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQFZXTE6Qa8

Yes but these can be fixed. Funnily enough, I don't get the problems that are shown in this video, but I get some other strange things happen. I do think they will be fixed, the keyboard is only nearly a year old. The Event sounds fantastic, the styles are out of this world on it.

btw, the same person made this video also, a very good watch:

Edited by DannyUK (11/16/23 07:24 AM)

#509210 - 11/16/23 10:45 PM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: DannyUK]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By DannyUK

Leigh W does a great work, and here is one of the videos where he have the G2 to explore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpUoar2GrI0

Great keyboard, no doubt, but I desided to keep my G1 and have ordered Pa5X-76.
cool
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#509211 - 11/17/23 12:42 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
Originally Posted By DannyUK

Leigh W does a great work, and here is one of the videos where he have the G2 to explore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpUoar2GrI0

Great keyboard, no doubt, but I desided to keep my G1 and have ordered Pa5X-76.
cool

Hey Gunnar,

Yes I saw that! I liked the video but the only thing that put me off was how he was exaggerating his emotions and comments which did start to grate after a while lol. I know he's excited about it, but really its not THAT much better to the Genos in the way he was expressing like he's never heard one before!, but you can most certainly hear an improvement, especially in the drums where (for me) it matters the most. I could end up getting one, but it depends on a few things and also it would only be a like for like and not replacing any of my other two TOTLs.

Congratulations on the Pa5x, you can't go wrong with it. I've had one since launch and even yesterday I was still mesmerised whilst playing. Not sure if your Pa5x will come with the latest update but make sure it's upgraded as it will make a big difference, plus it adds many new styles (about 60+) which are outstanding, plus new sounds and multipads.

Edited by DannyUK (11/17/23 12:47 AM)

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online