Well let me tell ya, I am disappointed as ef. I was hoping to blow my wad (of money) all over this baby, but it looks unlikely.
6 years and they come up with some reverbs, DX7 sounds and new drums.
- same loser screen, still small and not tiltable
- no new innovation at all in the style control department, variation, breaks, fills etc. they could have done some AI stuff
- same old vocal harmony, should be TC Helicon quality by now
- same buttons same levers same faders.. they could have added bells and whistles. like an extra leslie lever to the left, for organ stuff, improved placement of other knobs based on player input. some larger programmable pads for extra drum accents and crash cymbs
- no dedicated foot controller since the MFC-10 which was a good unit on the Tyros, of course it's discontinued now. they should have designed a new one for the G2 in a perfect world
I tell ya they don't get my respect. No respect at all. I'll blow my wad on something else then, or just invest the money. This is a shame, I was excited to get back on the stage. I guess I'll have to get a second/third/fourth hand Tyros5..
And Martin Harris looks crushed. Something very peculiar about the dev team.