Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#509165 - 11/11/23 07:07 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: Impuls]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Impuls

Looks like the really big news is that the G2 i equipped with solar panels and
lithium batteries so it will be possible to power up and play it out in the woods. 😁 🎶🎵🎶 🌞
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#509166 - 11/11/23 08:05 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
smile

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#509170 - 11/12/23 02:28 PM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Personally, I don’t think we owe any ‘respect’ to the arranger industry, any more than we owe respect to the refrigerator companies, or truck manufacturers, or the makers of ANY consumer product. They are only as good as their last product, and when you see industry wide flaws in new products (anybody here want to tell me that the refrigerator they just bought will last as long as their previous fridge?) you shouldn’t get your hackles up if some of these flaws are pointed out.

We’ve had a decade or so of TOTL arrangers being sold (at rapidly increasing prices) with quite considerable software issues that can take a year or more to be addressed. I don’t think it’s inappropriate to remind everyone about this during the anticipation for a product being ‘teased’ in completely unrevealing trailers. Even the Genos had to be updated in a major software revision, and Yamaha were of old pretty reliable at launching ‘finished’ products.

So if you’re upset that I'm not paying Yamaha enough ‘respect’, I think you are too invested in one brand, and might benefit from backing out a bit and looking at the big picture. Things have taken a downturn in reliability recently. That, in my book, is no cause for ‘respect’.

As I always say, an arranger is a TOOL for making music, like a trowel is a tool for gardening. If there’s something wrong with how trowels are getting made these days, do you think you owe ‘respect’ to the trowel industry? Or to a fridge? It’s a consumer product, and what it deserves is scrutiny and a degree of skepticism, not blind allegiance and ‘respect’…

#509172 - 11/12/23 04:24 PM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: Diki]
gambler Offline

I’ve reserved a Genos 2, after receiving another email from my dealer who is having a demo day on the 1st December, for the keyboard that some think doesn’t exist 😉
Or perhaps they’re right and think the last teaser from Yamaha was for a new chainsaw 🤔

#509173 - 11/13/23 12:51 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
Every Arranger is just rehash of the same old bells and whistles, nothing really excites me, at this moment, if the Genos 2 has audio styles then they might just have a winner.

#509174 - 11/13/23 01:42 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The thing is software is getting so complicated today that it is not possible to test for every possible fault, so yes some will get through and will need to be patched, so if anybody believes that a new arranger is going to come out with no problems, then they are living in cloud cuckoo land. (Even Apple has to keep releasing bug fixes left right and centre, and don't get me started on the motor industry)

Bill

#509182 - 11/15/23 01:04 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Not long to go now, so get ready to drop whatever you are doing and get the popcorn out.

#509183 - 11/15/23 08:29 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Well, this one was on 'the air' 1 hour before the official presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inVozp-eXbM

Don't ask me why I'm not overwhelmed about what I see and hear so far, maybe the official video that starts in about 30 min. or so will.
Oh well, the price may make me overwhelmed deLuxe....
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#509184 - 11/15/23 09:06 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
rb293 Offline

Loc: Binghamton, NY USA

#509185 - 11/15/23 09:43 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I just sat through the Bonners You Tube demo and loved every minute of it!

If I were still performing, I would buy one in a heartbeat. What a wonderful sounding arranger keyboard, with an incredible number of new features. Anything under $5,000 would be a fantastic buy, IMO. As for the complexity, yes, it may be a bit overwhelming to a lot of non-techie players, especially those that never seem to get around to taking the user manual out of the Zip-Loc bag it arrived in. In contrast, for those of us that do take the time to explore the many features, and utilize them to their fullest capacity, this would be the best thing since sliced bread.

If I were not so messed up, physically, I would have one on order now!

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online