SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#509145 - 11/06/23 07:26 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: rattley]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By rattley

"I've never met a Yamaha I didn't like!!"

I'm not worried at all. I have a dealer I trust and I trust Yamaha too. This will be keyboard number 8 from the same dealer since PSR 1000. Keep 'em coming!!! -charley

Hey Charley,

I think you're pretty much guaranteed the usual quality from Yamaha so pre ordering before seeing it would be a safe'ish bet here. I think to be fair, with all the Yamaha's I have owned, the model after it was usually better, or at the very worst it was only slightly better (in the case of the T4 to T5 in my opinion), but it was still better. So we can safely say the Genos2 will be better in whatever amount it will be. It's a nice feeling to look forward to something like that, not long now for you !!

#509147 - 11/06/23 09:13 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
That’s what the pre-orderers for the Korg PA5X thought. ‘What could possibly go wrong?’

Things have got so screwy lately post-Covid chip supply problems and the fracturing of design teams during lockdown and remote working, I think I’d want a solid hands on before I pried open my wallet. I realize that to some here, dropping $5k+ on something pre-ordered is chump change. But to many, that’s a significant number.

I think the mad rush to be the first on your block with the latest toy is a significantly riskier thing than in the past. 🎹💵💵💵

#509151 - 11/06/23 03:03 PM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: Diki]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Diki

I think the mad rush to be the first on your block with the latest toy is a significantly riskier thing than in the past. 🎹💵💵💵

I think that implying that THAT is his motive for pre-ordering a piece of gear that is merely an improvement over a piece of gear that he already owns and is familiar with is not only highly insulting but also is hardly a BIG RISK. MORE IMPORTANTLY, whose business is it how someone else wants to spend their own money? Sometimes I suspect there might be a more sinister motive behind people who never buy anything but are always ready and willing to criticize those who do. As a mild gearhead, I personally am not willing to go ten years between gear purchases (unless FINANCES dictate otherwise).

As for the risk factor, what's the difference between that and pre-ordering my 2024 Genesis. Love my 2021 and can't wait for the new version. I don't think anyone has ever even been in the back seat of my current one but so what, IT'S MY MONEY. I can't imagine how it must feel going through life always looking for the negative in everything. Oh well, as usual I've probably said too much.

chas

#509152 - 11/06/23 06:01 PM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: cgiles]
gambler Offline

Not sure why he thinks it’s risky, especially as he was skeptical about my post announcing the new Genos. If it doesn’t exist, it can’t be risky 😉

#509154 - 11/07/23 12:18 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Newbies also come across this site looking for information, and just giving one side is not helpful to them. (Just because you don't like someone else's opinion does not make it right or wrong, that's just life)

Bill

#509155 - 11/07/23 07:34 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
I think we have had this argument before. The "improvements" of the latest and greatest Yamaha keyboard (or any brand) will nearly always be incremental in nature. But everyone has a hobby (not talking about pros who can write it off). Some have boats or cars or whatever else it might be, and hobbies tend to be expensive. Some have keyboards and will buy the next new thing regardless. I can see it in a way since they usually trade-in or sell their old machine, so the cost is not as great. In any case, it's their money to spend as they see fit and for some 5-6 K for a keyboard is nothing. But I don't think the Genos 2 will be revolutionary.

#509157 - 11/07/23 04:15 PM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: abacus]
gambler Offline

It’s also not helpful when newbies are looking for information on the release of a new keyboard and certain people are doubting the information given, which was in fact genuine and came from the manufacturers own website.

#509158 - 11/08/23 09:25 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I read plenty of posts from pre-orderers of the PA5X who regretted assuming that despite the chip shortages and disruption to normal workflow that the Covid lockdown obviously had, the launch of the PA5X would be problem free.

Look guys, I’m not TELLING anyone what to do, no matter how hard Chas wants to pretend I am. I am merely offering an opinion, albeit an opinion with some facts rather than blind faith behind it.

If you have to stretch the analogy to the automotive industry (thousands of times the size of the keyboard industry) it means you have failed to find exception within the industry that actually makes arrangers. Both the PA5X and the Event shipped with considerable software flaws. It’s not a stretch to extend that to Yamaha.

Let’s revisit this when (if!) they actually start shipping them.

#509159 - 11/08/23 04:55 PM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: Diki]
gambler Offline

Let’s revisit this when (if!) they actually start shipping them. [/quote]

(If,) With respect Diki, why should anyone take on board your thoughts when you are being quite disrespectful in insisting there is a doubt about the new Genos 2. It is common knowledge the new Genos will be unveiled on 15 th November this year. There are teasers on Yamaha Eu showing the new keyboard.

Russ

#509163 - 11/10/23 10:19 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online