SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#509074 - 10/24/23 01:15 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By gambler
There is nothing to be skeptical about. It is a teaser for the new Genos 2. There have been a couple of teasers released, and it is now common knowledge that Genos 2 will be released on 15th November. I have also had an email from my dealer confirming the release.

It says Workstations on the website, so what about the rest.

Bill

#509075 - 10/24/23 05:58 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: abacus]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
A lot of comment from no Genos players is always fun to read , They also demanding a lot when a new Ferarri comes out keys cool

#509076 - 10/24/23 11:16 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By gambler
There is nothing to be skeptical about. It is a teaser for the new Genos 2. There have been a couple of teasers released, and it is now common knowledge that Genos 2 will be released on 15th November. I have also had an email from my dealer confirming the release.

And dealers ALWAYS tell truth, right?

Until I see the full official announcement from Yamaha, with photos and full specs, all the above reasons to be skeptical still apply. And how about you explain Yamaha’s choice to have the only shot of the keyboard itself show a fully weighted 88?

My best guess is a new Clavinova based on the Genos 1. And that’s all ANYONE can say for sure. A guess. Unlinked references to unverified sources barely constitute anything so specific.

You wouldn’t be the first person to be led astray by a dealer unsure what Yamaha (or most other brands) actually mean in these cryptic teasers.

#509077 - 10/24/23 04:57 PM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: Diki]
gambler Offline

There is a clue in the form of a rather large 2 with a countdown to the 15th November. Personally I couldn’t care less what anyone else thinks, it isn’t my problem if you have doubts. If you have a problem with an unreliable dealer then perhaps find another dealer you can rely on like mine.

As for what else is being released, I do not know. But Yamaha referred to the Genos as a workstation when they first released it. This is common knowledge and has
been discussed before as to why they call it a workstation instead of an arranger.

I shall look forward to some apologies on the 15th November from those doubters out there. 😉

#509078 - 10/24/23 09:41 PM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
It better be real........otherwise i dumped a ton of pennies for nothing yesterday buying one!! LOL

I am a Genos I owner for over 6 years. It is time for an upgrade. Yamaha has never disappointed me yet on a new release. I can't wait to see the new StyleMaker..........Oh! I'm thinking out loud. Just kidding but that is on the top of my want list. -charley

#509079 - 10/25/23 01:07 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: rattley]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By rattley
It better be real........otherwise i dumped a ton of pennies for nothing yesterday buying one!! LOL

I am a Genos I owner for over 6 years. It is time for an upgrade. Yamaha has never disappointed me yet on a new release. I can't wait to see the new StyleMaker..........Oh! I'm thinking out loud. Just kidding but that is on the top of my want list. -charley

But will it make you play better? or would it be cheaper to learn new playing techniques, to make you an even better player than you are now.

Bill

#509080 - 10/25/23 05:17 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: abacus]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Originally Posted By rattley
It better be real........otherwise i dumped a ton of pennies for nothing yesterday buying one!!
Good for you! 6 years seems like a proper time for an upgrade.

Originally Posted By abacus

But will it make you play better? or would it be cheaper to learn new playing techniques, to make you an even better player than you are now.

Bill

Styles tend to sound more pleasant with each new model, there are new voices of a better quality in new models, why should one reject it when he has a chance to get it?

Personally I wouldn't judge an arranger player for not becoming a classically trained pianist, or a jazz pianist, or a band keyboardist. But this sort of recommendation I see here - not to focus on the arranger part and focus on the piano part. Well, we can do that, but this is an arranger forum after all.

I would agree that for someone who has Genos or a similar keyboard and hardly plays it that buying a new one wouldn't fix his problem, but for someone who actually enjoyed it for years, well, personally I would respect any choice regarding further purchases.

#509131 - 11/04/23 03:30 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
DannyUK Offline

So far, from what I've seen of the three very small snippet videos that Yamaha have released, it looks and sounds very close to the G1, which so far I have found quite underwhelming, or maybe I shouldn't really be too surprised because I've always wondered how Yamaha could improve on their Genos, it's a very tall order and it really has to be something very different but so far it really isn't.

#509138 - 11/04/23 08:47 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Preordering an arranger you haven’t seen or heard…

What could POSSIBLY go wrong..?! 🎹🤡

#509143 - 11/05/23 01:38 PM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: Diki]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA

"I've never met a Yamaha I didn't like!!"

I'm not worried at all. I have a dealer I trust and I trust Yamaha too. This will be keyboard number 8 from the same dealer since PSR 1000. Keep 'em coming!!! -charley

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online