SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#508927 - 09/30/23 01:55 AM Backtrax by Henni
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

Some of my personal gig material from BiaB. I share it over here only do demonstrate that BiaB can be used for gigging with no additional instruments required. I hope you enjoy.

Cheers all,

Henni

#508928 - 09/30/23 07:14 AM Re: Backtrax by Henni [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Henni

I know you are good at this kind of thing, and I have a project I can use your expertise on. I am on a learning digital piano kick, and learning solo piano quite well using the chord method. However, there are times that I prefer a stripped down backing track. I could use a midi file and mute the unwanted parts. The problem with that is that the sound quality from my laptop is not the best unless I add a sound module. There is no question that MP3 will allow me superior sound without increasing my baggage.

You say to send you a midi file with the expectations of the finished product. One question is: To what degree of manipulation is required? For example,say I send you a midi, as is, and tell you I want the bass, drums, and guitar in a certain key?. What degree of readiness do you require? I have midi software programs that erase unwanted tracks, but some keyboard use a subset, which doesn't alter the actual midi file.

What would you suggest for me?

Bernie

#508929 - 09/30/23 07:22 AM Re: Backtrax by Henni [Re: Bernie9]
Henni Offline

Hi Bernie,

Send what you have & let me get started. We'll keep on corresponding privately via email till you are satisfied. Then you can reply here should you eventually feel so.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#508940 - 10/01/23 08:50 AM Re: Backtrax by Henni [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Nice work Henni

I am too old to know Angie, but I can sure use the Elvis tune

Bernie

#508941 - 10/01/23 10:29 AM Re: Backtrax by Henni [Re: Bernie9]
Henni Offline

Tx Bernie,

Angie was one of the most popular Rolling Stone songs. I removed the melodies from the tracks & maybe that's why. I'll consider including it for the demo songs at least. Hard for me to put them in afterwards, but I am learning as I'm going.

Henni

#508989 - 10/04/23 08:54 AM Re: Backtrax by Henni [Re: Bernie9]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By Bernie9
Nice work Henni

I am too old to know Angie, but I can sure use the Elvis tune

Bernie

I thought no living person was older than The Rolling Stones wink

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#508990 - 10/04/23 09:31 AM Re: Backtrax by Henni [Re: montunoman]
Henni Offline

Ha! But hoo boy, they sure can still make stunning music!

#508997 - 10/06/23 09:08 AM Re: Backtrax by Henni [Re: Henni]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Henni, I’d take a careful look at copyright laws around the world before you start a commercial venture using hit songs.

#508999 - 10/07/23 12:58 AM Re: Backtrax by Henni [Re: Diki]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By Diki
Henni, I’d take a careful look at copyright laws around the world before you start a commercial venture using hit songs.

Noted: Read first post again.

#509002 - 10/07/23 03:02 AM Re: Backtrax by Henni [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

https://www.nortonmusic.com/fake.html

From the link above:

"Although you can copyright a song, you can neither copyright a song title nor can you copyright a chord progression. From the very beginning of modern western music, and continuing to the present day, composers and songwriters have written new compositions by using the chord structure or the chord progression of another song. In the 20th century, just about every field of popular music is full of songs with borrowed chord progressions (Rock, Jazz, Country, Latin, Dance, Reggae, etc.). Sometimes the borrowing of the progression is intentional, sometimes it is not, a composer's subconscious mind can store something it likes and then reinvent it later. "

AND

"If you want to add any songs here are the simple requirements: They must be chords only in .SG? format. with no melodies, lyrics, or song-specific licks included. (I run a commercial site and I am careful not to violate any copyright laws.) "

SO:

1. No melodies

2. No song specific licks

The above songs would have had ALL melodies removed before distribution (Who in his right mind will use something with a melody as a backing track for live performance?). I only included the melodies to demonstrate the song in question. Bernie could not recognize Angie, so that was the reason for including melodies in demos only. Look at my first upload which was intended as the free version - no melody whatsoever included.

Note: These are chord progression song files only, no copyrighted melodies are included (Mostely ONLY general Real Tracks which does not reflect any specific song). That's why I called them COVER songs. Yes, there definitely are some licks which I should rather remove. Especially in "Sweet child o mine" - they were just so good in midi that I felt I just HAVE to leave them in.

To the countrary it is legal, ethical & okay to charge a fee to play mostly hits live at most gigs - my mind simply cannot comprehend the difference. But then again there are a great many things that my mind cannot comprehend right now. I REALLY must have pissed off a great many powerful beings in my previous lives.

Regardless, as always I am only making waves. Note that I've completely changed my intention for this topic. I try to no longer defend ANYTHING in this god forsaken life. I HAVE no rights in the season I find myself in now. I have to be careful. Just now the current low turns out to be higher than the lowest low life can take me to.

I sincerely hope all is well now & that everyone is back in a state of perfect peace again. I apologize for the disturbance. Guess I will no longer become a billionaire from this...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online