SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#508674 - 08/10/23 12:08 PM Great 2-tier Stand for heavy KBs
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
After downsizing/re-organizing my home studio to just the keyboards and gear that I actually used (basically removing three (3) arranger keyboards and two (2) controller keyboards), I realized that although I liked the new layout, I also never used my NUMA NC2x. I decided to move it to my rehearsal room which only contained my organ (KeyB Duo MkIII), VP770, and BK7m. This left a space in my studio which I couldn't resist filling :), so I decided to 'recommission' one of two Arrangers...but which one (Tyros II, PA1X Pro)? I ALWAYS liked the Korg better but didn't want to leave the Tyros to just die in the storeroom. With only one space, the solution was to get a two-tier stand and resurrect them both. Problem is, they're both rather heavy and bulky keyboards and that does not usually bode well for 2-tier stands. So....I did some research and came up with this beauty (available on AMAZON...what isn't? smile ). Having never been able to find a stand in the past with rock-solid stability on the upper tier, I was a little bit skeptical until it arrived and I realized it weighed at least 3 tons. I've seen pissed-off delivery drivers before but...let's just say, I'm glad this guy wasn't armed smile. I had to open the box and take it down to my studio in pieces, so as much as I ended up liking it, I must admit that it is DEFINITELY NOT for gigging. Low grades also for quick assembly. This stand is definitely meant for a stationary situation such as a studio environment. HOWEVER, if you're looking to save some space but still want 1-tier sturdiness, this is the stand for you. Oh, and did I mention, 2nd-tier height and tilt adjustment is extremely versatile.
Wow, what a long-winded way of saying I really like this stand (for studio use). At $139.95, it's a steal. Here is a link to AMAZON if you're interested.

https://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Stands-Piano-Keyboard-Stand/dp/B0C7WM9GSH/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?crid=HUDTDP8ULRLM&keywords=liquid+stands+2+tier+keyboard+stand&qid=1691680703&sprefix=liquid+stands+keyboard+stand%2Caps%2C135&sr=8-3-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

chas

PS: Pics below show transition from NUMA to Arrangers with the new stand. Last pic is just some other stuff in my studio.

Attachments
G0050363.JPG (107 downloads)
G0060452.JPG (75 downloads)
GOPR0453.JPG (66 downloads)
GOPR0467.JPG (45 downloads)

Edited by cgiles (08/10/23 12:15 PM)

#508677 - 08/11/23 01:11 PM Re: Great 2-tier Stand for heavy KBs [Re: cgiles]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
60 lbs?! 😱 Yeah, that’s a bit much for gigging! 😂🥵

#508678 - 08/11/23 01:28 PM Re: Great 2-tier Stand for heavy KBs [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Diki, the actual weight is 28.8 lbs. 60 lbs is the max weight (load) for the top tier. Max load for the whole stand is 250 lbs. Still too heavy to comfortably gig with but I conceded that in my initial post.

chas

#508680 - 08/12/23 12:09 PM Re: Great 2-tier Stand for heavy KBs [Re: cgiles]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Nice stand. Thank you for bringing that to our attention!!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#508681 - 08/12/23 02:03 PM Re: Great 2-tier Stand for heavy KBs [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Sure thing, Paul. And unlike most X-frame stands, it can accommodate at least a 13-note pedalboard if that is one of your needs. So can a table type stand (4 legs) but I could never find one with a STABLE (or suitably adjustable) top tier.

I posted this because although this is an Arranger forum, most of us have small home studios and I thought any good quality, reasonably priced, studio-oriented piece of gear might be of interest to someone on the forum.

chas

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online