SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#508563 - 07/14/23 11:11 AM Re: Roland FP-E50 ( not a real arranger but great) [Re: jamman]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Diki, love the way you respond to things in such a way that makes you NEVER WRONG...about ANYTHING. AND, as excited and enthusiastic as a new potential owner is about something, you can always manage to introduce enough negatives to dampen their enthusiasm. Then there's the endearing quality of not listening, even when everyone is trying to stress, for instance, THIS IS NOT AN ARRANGER. iT WAS NOT DESIGNED AS ONE AND WAS NEVER TARGETED AT AN ARRANGER AUDIENCE. IT IS A MEDIUM PRICED DIGITAL PIANO (with very good PIANO attributes) with a few convenient-for-practice scaled-down arranger features. So why are you insisting on comparing it to features found only on dedicated arranger keyboards? WHAT does it take to make you understand that. Yeah, yeah, I know, you're just trying to protect those dense, clueless, unsophisticated buyers who are totally unable to make decisions about equipment that meets THEIR needs. Thank you for your service.

chas

#508564 - 07/14/23 11:32 AM Re: Roland FP-E50 ( not a real arranger but great) [Re: jamman]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Zuki, I’d recommend a ‘leg at each corner’ type stand for any proper piano touch instrument. Real pianos don’t wobble, and there are several reasons why supporting them in the middle leads to problems…

For starters, yes, you are going to have to play a fair bit harder than a lightweight arranger action. The keyboard is also much wider, which means forte playing at either end puts more motion into the keyboard. The end result is more ‘bounce’ if you’re playing hard (remember, the whole POINT of a weighted piano touch action is the control of dynamics from ppp to fff…!).

Why is this a problem? Well, a piano action (and any velocity sensitive keyboard action) determines how hard you are playing by sensing the speed at which the key is depressed. But this assumes that the keyboard isn’t moving! If the keybed is bouncing up or down, that motion is either added to or taken away from the force YOU used, leading to inaccurate tracking of your playing.

Not only should your stage piano SOUND like a piano, it should feel like a piano… and pianos don’t bounce!

#508565 - 07/14/23 11:35 AM Re: Roland FP-E50 ( not a real arranger but great) [Re: jamman]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I love the pure glee in your post that something I posted wasn’t 100% accurate, Chas. That schadenfreude must be extremely gratifying. Enjoy.

This is an ARRANGER forum, Chas. Isn’t there a forum for stage pianos with extremely limited arranger function you can post at where your disdain for arranger functions would be welcome…?

There may be someone here who goes ahead and buys one being unaware that every style they already have cannot be imported. But that wouldn’t be of any concern to you, would it? If it’s not something YOU care about, it’s not important, right?

#508567 - 07/14/23 12:43 PM Re: Roland FP-E50 ( not a real arranger but great) [Re: Diki]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By Diki

There may be someone here who goes ahead and buys one being unaware that every style they already have cannot be imported.

1. They have access to the same information that you do.

2. They may not give a s--t about the features (or lack thereof) that you're trying to 'warn' them about.

3. It's possible that they may be just as smart as you are.

4. It's their money, I think they can spend it on whatever they like WITHOUT your approval.

5. They may not feel the need for a self-appointed 'savior' to save them from their own purchasing decisions.

And BTW. the old "This is an ARRANGER forum" is starting to wear pretty thin, especially since it's only hauled out when something is posted that you don't agree with. If I had a dollar for every post on this forum NOT related to arrangers, I'd be richer than Elon Musk. It must be wonderful to be a leading expert on things you've never even seen. I'm sure AJ feels the same. Have a good day and stay cool. I hear it's pretty warm down your way.

chas

#508568 - 07/14/23 04:09 PM Re: Roland FP-E50 ( not a real arranger but great) [Re: Diki]
zuki Offline

Originally Posted By Diki

Not only should your stage piano SOUND like a piano, it should feel like a piano… and pianos don’t bounce!

I'm one step ahead of ya. I went with the furniture and 3 pedal system. I have my K&M all set with the other stuff, especially easy reach while video switching )

Attachments
studio.jpg

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#508571 - 07/14/23 05:53 PM Re: Roland FP-E50 ( not a real arranger but great) [Re: jamman]
zuki Offline

Correction: The e50 does not have a 3 pedal option.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#508573 - 07/15/23 04:56 AM Re: Roland FP-E50 ( not a real arranger but great) [Re: jamman]
cgiles Offline

Nice setup, Zuki. Reminds me a little of mine, ESPECIALLY THE CABLES smile. You start out trying to keep them in order but they keep growing to the point that you stop giving a darn smile. Things have become so digitized, complicated, and varied that even good old-fashioned 'snakes' can't keep things under control. This is especially true in our studio spaces where little pieces of equipment keep showing up, adding to the cord-fusion. We all pray we never have to tear down and re-assemble our studio space. Your new FP-e50 will add 2 audio cables, 1 USB cable, 1 Mic cable, 1 pedal cable, 1 music rack light cable, and probably a few more cables I haven't thought of smile. My wife used to refuse to come into my studio because of cable-phobia, she was afraid of getting electrocuted.

Anyhoo, hope your new board shows up soon. I'm anxious to hear your reaction to it. And don't worry about cables, soon EVERYTHING will be BLUETOOTH and lithium batteries. Can't wait.

chas

#508574 - 07/15/23 08:44 AM Re: Roland FP-E50 ( not a real arranger but great) [Re: jamman]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
You guys should seriously consider utilizing a cable harness system to neaten that rat's nest of cables. I may still have one around here in my tool room, and I will be more than happy to send it to you if you wish. I purchased it from Radio Shack many years ago, and had more than I needed. Since then, I created my Custom Console, which neatly houses all the cables, provides a place for my net book PC, lights the top of my keyboard and also provides a lighted sign on the front, thereby hiding the back of the keyboard. I made about a dozen of the consoles for members through the U.S. and they all used them today.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#508575 - 07/15/23 09:24 AM Re: Roland FP-E50 ( not a real arranger but great) [Re: jamman]
cgiles Offline

Gary, that's a great idea but the truth is, men enjoy being slobs. Although things LOOK unorganized, we know what each and every cable is and where it goes....most of the time...and provided we're stone cold sober. Seriously though, you're absolutely right IN A GIGGING SITUATION, but in the studio, equipment is constantly being repositioned, removed, replaced, etc. with cables constantly being re-routed. So, if you enjoy freaking out your spouse and you're not a neat freak (most men aren't), the messy cables stay, period, end of report smile smile smile.

BTW, how's your health situation going? You seem to be hanging in there pretty good, which of course is good news to us, your forum brothers. Has that heat wave hit your area? We've been miraculously spared so far.

chas

#508576 - 07/15/23 12:24 PM Re: Roland FP-E50 ( not a real arranger but great) [Re: jamman]
Terrysutt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
zuki,when you add your E50 to that set up,you`ll need a bigger bike.

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online