SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#508085 - 04/03/23 12:53 AM Ketron Event - small review
MichaelG Offline

Loc: Sweden
Hi!
I got my new Ketron Event a couple of weeks ago. My previous Keyboard was SD90 which I still have (but am planning to sell). I also have a Korg PA4X which I also am planning to sell because I rarely use it.

I have played several hours on the Event, but more playing than exploring. So here are my thoughts so far.

I find the sounds very good and lifelike. Especially the elektric pianos which are absolutely awesome. But the acoustic pianos, the strings, guitars, accordions, saxophones, organs etc, are all very good. On my SD90 there were a few shortcomings (worst was the harpsicord) but I don´t find that to be the case with Event.

But there are some shortcomings according to the sounds; I miss some orchestra sounds for example cello, bass clarinet, various french horn. Some of them (ex cello) are in the GM bank and I can make a user sound myself, but some samplings are missing.

While the electric organs are very good and various, the church organs have very few variations. My Korg is fantastic according to church organ variations.

I really miss "Voice list" from the SD90. I often used this list with my preferable sounds. Hopefully in a future upgrade?

The styles are extremely good and lifelike with mostly good (and sometimes excellent) intros and endings. The quality of the styles and sound are the main reason to why I love the Event.

But... The pre programmed sound in ABCD really lacks fantasy. There are many really bad choises of sounds. It seems like noone have really bothered. I know I can do this myself and save it as a user style. But I would really like the opportunity to save the ABCE sound in factory style. And to have a voice list like in SD90.

Finally I find the keys, controllers, knobs, touch display, etc to be very good. I really like the Event though some shortcomings (of which maybe some will be fixed in future upgrades).

#508096 - 04/03/23 10:36 PM Re: Ketron Event - small review [Re: MichaelG]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Hi Michael. Congratulations on your choice. I would just like to point out that the Voice list no longer exists because it has been replaced by the new (general purpose) "Performance" where we have up to 7 different sets with an unlimited number in each where we can copy either Voices, or Styles, or Registrations. Of course, we can sort them numerically by putting before the name of each file, an increasing number and the symbol #: Ex 01#BALLAD_1, 02#CHACHA_1 and so on.
Also, for example, we can have in SET1 some favorite rhythms, in SET2 some favorite sounds (this requires OS Version 1.1.0 to be installed) and in SET3 to have only Registrations. I will later make a video tutorial on my YouTube channel specifically for this great new tool.

#508097 - 04/03/23 11:51 PM Re: Ketron Event - small review [Re: MichaelG]
MichaelG Offline

Thank You Sokratis 1974! I will explore the "Performance". It seems just like what I am looking for.

#508098 - 04/04/23 02:38 AM Re: Ketron Event - small review [Re: MichaelG]
MichaelG Offline

I sure can use a tutorial. I can´t figure out how to save just voices in the performance memory. I manage to save styles, and registrations, but no luck with voice alone.

#508100 - 04/04/23 06:46 AM Re: Ketron Event - small review [Re: MichaelG]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Originally Posted By MichaelG
I sure can use a tutorial. I can´t figure out how to save just voices in the performance memory. I manage to save styles, and registrations, but no luck with voice alone.

Just copy/paste from USER_VOICE folder

#508101 - 04/04/23 07:27 AM Re: Ketron Event - small review [Re: MichaelG]
MichaelG Offline

Ah - so I first have to save the voices I like as USER VOICE. And then copy/paste.

----

Now I tested and it worked. And after copy/paste I just delete the original voices from "USER VOICE". Not the easiest way around and absolutely not as straight forward as saving styles and registrations to performance memory, but still doable. Thank´s for Your help!

#508103 - 04/04/23 08:30 PM Re: Ketron Event - small review [Re: MichaelG]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Ah - so I first have to save the voices I like as USER VOICE. And then copy/paste.

----

Now I tested and it worked. And after copy/paste I just delete the original voices from "USER VOICE". Not the easiest way around and absolutely not as straight forward as saving styles and registrations to performance memory, but still doable. Thank´s for Your help!

There is no reason to delete them from the User Voice folder.

#508104 - 04/04/23 11:25 PM Re: Ketron Event - small review [Re: Sokratis 1974]
MichaelG Offline

Originally Posted By Sokratis 1974

No, not really. I just wanted to have the user voice area clean for when I eventually have some tweaked voices into the user area. That part of the procedure - to delete the voices from the user voice area - was no big deal.

Anyhow - I have made a couple of pages with my favourit voices in SET1 and it works fine. Thank´s again!

#508111 - 04/05/23 07:12 AM Re: Ketron Event - small review [Re: MichaelG]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Originally Posted By Sokratis 1974

No, not really. I just wanted to have the user voice area clean for when I eventually have some tweaked voices into the user area. That part of the procedure - to delete the voices from the user voice area - was no big deal.

Anyhow - I have made a couple of pages with my favourit voices in SET1 and it works fine. Thank´s again!

You are welcome.

#508426 - 06/12/23 11:34 AM Re: Ketron Event - small review [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Keeman Offline

Loc: Hoogerheide
Indeed, Performance can replace the 'voice list'.
But when switching sounds, sometimes the volume of the current style also changes.
Can't find why, but is very annoying.
All sounds saved as 'MULTI' ??.
Does anyone else have that too ??.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online