SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#507936 - 03/13/23 07:51 AM Re: Sad news: Cass P. Passes [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
So sorry to lose one of the most positive voices we had here. We will miss you Cass. 😥

#507946 - 03/13/23 01:33 PM Re: Sad news: Cass P. Passes [Re: Bill in Dayton]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
RIP Cass, deepest sympathy to your wife and family.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#507994 - 03/17/23 01:48 PM Re: Sad news: Cass P. Passes [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I've wanted to return to this thread and post a few memories I have of Cass. I didn't plan on taking this long, but a flooded office, ruined carpet, and just for fun, a sinus infection has thrown a monkey wrench into life...

Anyway...

I met Cass right here, on the synth zone. Just one of many, many other people who didn't mind helping a new guy to learn more about arrangers, live sound, etc...

There's really too many good people around here to mention, but a few of the guys who I've leaned on the hardest from time to time would be Gary, Nigel, Scott Yee, Don M., Don P., Diki, Captain Russ and of course, Cass.

Cass & I became friends on Facebook as well and shared viewpoints on many things when it came to politics, current events, etc. while holding radically different views on religion. We could seemingly talk about any subject and it was enjoyable.

Back around 2007, my wife Patty went for a routine CT scan of her heart and the radiologist didn't like what they saw, so in an instant, she was scheduled for a Heart Catherization the next morning.

I knew Cass had had heart issues so I reached to to him with a few questions and he couldn't have been more kind and helpful. At one point, he asked to speak directly with Patty and for upwards of 45 minutes, he went through what to expect and answered her questions. Patty was in Nursing school at the time and it was very helpful to be able to talk with someone who'd been through it.

The next day, after the procedure, the cardiologist who performed it informed Patty and I that the imaging was deceptive and that all was well. Minimal blockage and really, in the end nothing to worry about. smile

A year or so later, Cass offered to meet me in a town called Lima, OH. Roughly an even distance between where bot of us lived, he met me for lunch and then hung out while I performed at a local Retirement Community.

He was very complimentary, suggested some other material that he felt my voice and style might do well with and had a good time inspecting my setup. After a while, we both needed to head home, a handshake, a hug and one last smile was shared.

Often if I posted a video clip of a performance, or when I was live streaming during the worst of the pandemic, he'd chime in with something positive. I also enjoyed his videos a lot.

We'd talked about me driving up later this year to spend some time with him, but the last few months for Cass were pretty rough and he wasn't able to get downstairs and play much.

I last communicated with him in mid-February as I prepared for my first gig at the Dayton Czech Club. Who better than Cass to talk about polkas with?

He sent me a nice digital version of a polka/waltz sheet music book that helped me out.

He really was a super nice man. Good musician, devoted to his God, his family, his work and his music.

I miss him...

#507995 - 03/17/23 01:52 PM Re: Sad news: Cass P. Passes [Re: cgiles]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Originally Posted By cgiles

I lost my own daughter to cancer about a month ago. It is indeed a sad time for the families.

Chas (still here)

I too wanted to share my condolences, Chas... It's a terrible thing to lose a child. May her memory be both a comfort and a blessing...

#507999 - 03/17/23 03:15 PM Re: Sad news: Cass P. Passes [Re: Bill in Dayton]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Thank you Bill, very kind of you. Outliving your child is not the way things are supposed to be.

chas

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online