SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#507970 - 03/16/23 11:35 AM Ordered a Ketron Event
DannyUK Offline

Hello all, I hope you are all doing well smile

I've ordered an Event and it is arriving on Monday.

I am so pleased that a few of the major dealers in the UK are stocking Ketron's as this (along with the many wonderful videos from AJ and Bartek) really tipped it in it's favour.

Can't wait to try it out smile

All the best,

Danny

#507971 - 03/16/23 12:07 PM Re: Ordered a Ketron Event [Re: DannyUK]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Congratulations Danny, let us know when it arrives😀

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#507973 - 03/16/23 12:31 PM Re: Ordered a Ketron Event [Re: DannyUK]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Yes, I bet many of us will be very interested in your opinions.

#507988 - 03/17/23 07:31 AM Re: Ordered a Ketron Event [Re: DannyUK]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
congrats!

#507992 - 03/17/23 12:53 PM Re: Ordered a Ketron Event [Re: DannyUK]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Be nice to have someone unconnected with the manufacturer that is willing to illustrate some of the potential issues.

I’d still VERY much like to hear some of the styles with only a few chord types in audio deal with other chords, and how jarring (or not) the transition is between audio loops and MIDI loops for bass and guitar Parts…

#508000 - 03/17/23 03:45 PM Re: Ordered a Ketron Event [Re: Diki]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Diki
Be nice to have someone unconnected with the manufacturer that is willing to illustrate some of the potential issues.

I agree....but why just the "potential issues". All keyboards have 'issues', I also want to hear how GOOD it can sound. Besides, what is a 'potential issue' for one person is a non-issue for another; depends on the nature of the 'issue' and how or whether it impacts your performance. In other words, I want to start an evaluation by looking for the GOOD and the BAD with equal fervor, otherwise It's like going into a bar looking for a fight instead of a good time. Maybe it' just me.

chas

#508002 - 03/17/23 06:40 PM Re: Ordered a Ketron Event [Re: cgiles]
Ingres Offline

Loc: FWI

not just you ... so do I ... and, I suppose, any reasonable reader...

#508003 - 03/17/23 08:39 PM Re: Ordered a Ketron Event [Re: DannyUK]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think AJ is already doing a great job demonstrating how ‘good’ the Event can sound.

I am more interested in hearing demos of the weaker aspects of an audio loop based arranger. AJ ain’t going to do that!

In truth, user demos rarely show how good an arranger CAN sound. That’s usually the province of the manufacturer or distributor, who can afford to hire top professional players.

#508086 - 04/03/23 04:27 AM Re: Ordered a Ketron Event [Re: DannyUK]
MichaelG Offline

Loc: Sweden
I got my Event a few weeks ago and I really love it. The sounds (samplings), the styles, the overall handling, the keys, and so on...

But everything is not perfect though. I have mostly played it and not experimented very much, but so far this are the shortcomings I have noticed.
- not very much of orchestral sounds. A couple of cellos, contra basses, a bass clarinett, a few french horn variations, etc would have been nice.
- just a few church organ sounds/samples. I would like a lot more to simulate a real church organ.
- very un-imaginative and un-inspired preprogrammed ABCD sounds. And the "D"-sound is very often the same strings as Voice 2 which is a total waste.
- I really miss the "Voice list" from SD90. A list with all my favourite voices ready to use with any style.
- When I use an electric organ sound, the drawbar organ always doubles the sound. I can just turn it off, but I find it strange to always have to do this when I don´t want two different organs at the same time.
- the pre-programming of the three lower voices are very un-inspired.
- All of my purchased styles from Ketron (hundreds of euros) are now worthless. I can only use them on my old SD90 (which I am going to sell) and not on my Event.
- still a few bugs which hopefully will be fixed. The LEDs have been "hanging" a couple of times for example.

I guess that some of these shortcomings will be fixed in future updates. And some of them I will have to live with.

#508087 - 04/03/23 04:55 AM Re: Ordered a Ketron Event [Re: DannyUK]
MichaelG Offline

Loc: Sweden
By the way - congrats Danny. Hope you will enjoy it as much as I do!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online