SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#507907 - 03/09/23 08:11 PM Any User's here on a Mac ? Diki ?
rphillipchuk Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
I have an iPad connected to my DGX-670..... Is it possible to communicate and receive power at the same time ?

There are no midi ports.

Right now I am hooked up to #1...... It seems like I am always charging the ipad so I am hoping that I can have the iPad plugged into power and the keyboard at the same time !

Ron

Attachments
Back.jpg

Edited by rphillipchuk (03/10/23 09:41 AM)

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#507909 - 03/10/23 12:57 AM Re: Any User's here on a Mac ? Need some advice. [Re: rphillipchuk]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
You been an adaptor for the iPad (Same applies to Android) that will accept the USB connector and power lead at the same time.

Bill

#507911 - 03/10/23 07:35 AM Re: Any User's here on a Mac ? Need some advice. [Re: abacus]
rphillipchuk Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
Bill

Please direct me to such a product.....

Thanks
Ron

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#507912 - 03/10/23 10:32 AM Re: Any User's here on a Mac ? Diki ? [Re: rphillipchuk]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
HI Ron

You don't say what connector your iPad has,so here are a couple to get you going. (There are plenty more available if they are not exactly what yu want)

1. Click here

2. Click here

Bill

#507917 - 03/11/23 08:03 AM Re: Any User's here on a Mac ? Diki ? [Re: rphillipchuk]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You’ll need at the least, a camera connection dongle with an additional Lightning input for power. Is yours a Lightning based iPad, or the older long connector? Bit harder to find those old connectors.

Does your iPad have 1/8” headphone out? If not (I know the newer iPhones don’t have one, not sure if newer iPads dropped it, I’m on an old Gen6) you’ll need one with USB, Lightning and a 1/8” audio out too…

I believe I have the #1 adaptor that’s in the above post. Works fine.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online