SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#507735 - 02/24/23 01:15 PM For Dan on PA5x
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia

Hi Rikki,

I have a PA4xpro and I understand you have PA5X88.

How is the PA5X is working out for you?

I like the PA4Xpro. But navigation seems to have improved w PA5 series.

—————-

Hi Dan,
to be quite honest, if you have a Pa4x, I would hang onto it for the time being. PA5x is missing a lot of its functions.
Style editing is extremely basic, l’m not really into sampling and sound editing, but the guys who are are complaining. Songbook is not complete
There are still some major bugs in the system. Kind of a work in progress.

It sounds fantastic. The fx I think have a lot to do with that.
I’m only a hobbyist, the problems haven’t affected me that much. I have time to wait for the updates. I’ve managed to come up with work arounds for some of the problems that affect me. A lot of the pro’ s are really 🤬

Next update is due may/ June when they’re supposed to add back a number of functions.

It’s been nearly 4 years since I had my Pa4x.
I think they have simplified the system, problem is I’ve been playing my sx900 and you tend to forget how the other one worked😀. Old age.
It’s far easier to keep track of styles and stuff, there’s a setting for optional alphabetical listing. You can sort stuff by name , I think date and size.

As I said I’d be inclined to wait and see wait happens with next update.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#507748 - 02/25/23 02:06 PM Re: For Dan on PA5x [Re: rikkisbears]
DanO63 Offline

Loc: Baltimore MD
Originally Posted By rikkisbears

Hi Rikki,

I have a PA4xpro and I understand you have PA5X88.

How is the PA5X is working out for you?

I like the PA4Xpro. But navigation seems to have improved w PA5 series.

—————-

Hi Dan,
to be quite honest, if you have a Pa4x, I would hang onto it for the time being. PA5x is missing a lot of its functions.
Style editing is extremely basic, l’m not really into sampling and sound editing, but the guys who are are complaining. Songbook is not complete
There are still some major bugs in the system. Kind of a work in progress.

It sounds fantastic. The fx I think have a lot to do with that.
I’m only a hobbyist, the problems haven’t affected me that much. I have time to wait for the updates. I’ve managed to come up with work arounds for some of the problems that affect me. A lot of the pro’ s are really 🤬

Next update is due may/ June when they’re supposed to add back a number of functions.

It’s been nearly 4 years since I had my Pa4x.
I think they have simplified the system, problem is I’ve been playing my sx900 and you tend to forget how the other one worked😀. Old age.
It’s far easier to keep track of styles and stuff, there’s a setting for optional alphabetical listing. You can sort stuff by name , I think date and size.

As I said I’d be inclined to wait and see wait happens with next update.

Thank you for the report. Very kind of you.

#507750 - 02/25/23 04:29 PM Re: For Dan on PA5x [Re: DanO63]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Dan, suppose it really depends on what functions you use, it’s just not as complete a workstation as the PA4X is, but it sure sounds great.
Having a dual style player is incredible, and the matrix pads, if and when they add some new functions aught to be amazing.

List of what they’re planning on adding back in ( so in short , currently missing)

https://www.korg.com/au/products/synthesizers/pa5x/faq.php

Korg manuals

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/895/

I could be totally wrong, but if I remember correctly , you couldn’t view the names of individual Korg styles in a pc?, they were saved in banks or sets?
now works just like Yamaha system,
you can see the styles individually in a pc , move them round between memory sticks, back them up on your computer , makes it so much easier to sort them.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#507784 - 03/01/23 09:40 AM Re: For Dan on PA5x [Re: rikkisbears]
DanO63 Offline

Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Hi Dan, suppose it really depends on what functions you use, it’s just not as complete a workstation as the PA4X is, but it sure sounds great.
Having a dual style player is incredible, and the matrix pads, if and when they add some new functions aught to be amazing.

List of what they’re planning on adding back in ( so in short , currently missing)

https://www.korg.com/au/products/synthesizers/pa5x/faq.php

Korg manuals

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/895/

I could be totally wrong, but if I remember correctly , you couldn’t view the names of individual Korg styles in a pc?, they were saved in banks or sets?
now works just like Yamaha system,
you can see the styles individually in a pc , move them round between memory sticks, back them up on your computer , makes it so much easier to sort them.
thanks for the info , very helpful

#507785 - 03/01/23 09:43 AM Re: For Dan on PA5x [Re: rikkisbears]
DanO63 Offline

When it comes to the PA4xpro, what gets lost is the improvement over the PA3X. I wouldn't buy a PA3X..... The PA4 sound engine was a huge improvement.

The one complaint I have ? Styles that sounds like songs.

Edited by DanO63 (03/01/23 09:46 AM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online