SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#507485 - 01/23/23 02:26 PM (OT:) A gibson 8 page mini-manual worth $120.00??
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Been selling a lot of instruments and related gear. Friday, my son came across a small Gibson guitar manual, drilled for a hang-tag. I remember seeing one of these on each Gibson guitar neck years ago.

This one was in an old 1968 Guild guitar case. He told me one in perfect condition 50 years old was really valuable. He listed it on Reverb Friday, and showed me the deposit for the book into my operating account for
$ 120.00.

Can't believe it!

Interesting to see what some old stuff...never used...just lying around is worth.

Check out those old "hidey holes". You may be pleasantly surprised.

Russ

#507523 - 01/29/23 07:27 AM Re: (OT:) A gibson 8 page mini-manual worth $120.00?? [Re: captain Russ]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Maybe with this missing part someone will increase the price of the whole package later :-)

I was surprised to find out that my old, ordinary amateur inexpensive film camera is now worth much more than I paid for it, turns out some young people are curious about film photography (as opposed to digital) and have their favorite models of cameras.

#507526 - 01/30/23 10:14 AM Re: (OT:) A gibson 8 page mini-manual worth $120.00?? [Re: Kabinopus]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Last year, my son packed up a bunch of old camera gear. There were Nikons, Cannons, several medium format cannons, some twin lens reflects. He met a broker in Louisville and came back with $800.00.

That's the GOOD news. The BAD news is, the three medium format cameras and lenses were all more than $5,000.00 new.

BUT....the good news is, I made a lot of money and did work I'm proud of with them.

Russ (sentimental softee) Lay

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online