Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#507403 - 01/09/23 11:46 AM Video original song Shoreline using PA4Xpro
DanO63 Offline

Loc: Baltimore MD
Recorded in real time using PA4Xpro. beach waves from SD1

If you listened to my original... this is a different recording

https://youtu.be/y1ir4lDreMM

#507409 - 01/10/23 10:27 AM Re: Video original song Shoreline using PA4Xpro [Re: DanO63]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I really enjoy what you're doing, keep on doing it!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#507415 - 01/10/23 03:34 PM Re: Video original song Shoreline using PA4Xpro [Re: DanO63]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If you don’t mind a mild critique, I’d try to capture the direct outs of the mixer or arranger (you might need a mobile compatible simple 2-in 2-out audio interface if recording with your phone) or if that’s not possible, at least reducing any vocal effects because your phone is picking up the room reflections quite strongly. At least, I’m hoping that’s what is going on here, because that’s an awful lot of small room vocal reverb!

One thing you always have to account for when effecting the voice is that you are hearing your dry ‘head voice’ mixed in with the sound you are hearing in the speakers. So you might be hearing the vocal effects exactly the way you want them, but once you subtract your fairly hefty ‘dry’ head voice portion of the sound, what’s left on the recording is overly wet.

The only sure way to get it right is do a short pass and listen back, and see where they are, but with experience you’ll get a feel for how dry (to you) it needs to be to be the right amount of wet when played back. In practice, I tend to wind up the reverb until I can JUST hear it well, then back it off about 25%. That often is the sweet spot. It isn’t as comfortable to sing to, especially if you are used to hearing a lot of reverb, but it IS what will get you good live recordings..!

#507469 - 01/20/23 10:26 AM Re: Video original song Shoreline using PA4Xpro [Re: Diki]
DanO63 Offline

Loc: Baltimore MD
Originally Posted By Diki
If you don’t mind a mild critique, I’d try to capture the direct outs of the mixer or arranger (you might need a mobile compatible simple 2-in 2-out audio interface if recording with your phone) or if that’s not possible, at least reducing any vocal effects because your phone is picking up the room reflections quite strongly. At least, I’m hoping that’s what is going on here, because that’s an awful lot of small room vocal reverb!

One thing you always have to account for when effecting the voice is that you are hearing your dry ‘head voice’ mixed in with the sound you are hearing in the speakers. So you might be hearing the vocal effects exactly the way you want them, but once you subtract your fairly hefty ‘dry’ head voice portion of the sound, what’s left on the recording is overly wet.

The only sure way to get it right is do a short pass and listen back, and see where they are, but with experience you’ll get a feel for how dry (to you) it needs to be to be the right amount of wet when played back. In practice, I tend to wind up the reverb until I can JUST hear it well, then back it off about 25%. That often is the sweet spot. It isn’t as comfortable to sing to, especially if you are used to hearing a lot of reverb, but it IS what will get you good live recordings..!

Direct input to my iPhone it would definitely helped. Appreciate the critique.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online