Topic Options
#507324 - 12/28/22 01:21 PM My latest project - non music related
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I will add new vids to this as the project progresse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-c8-1DoO4w

Cheers,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (12/28/22 03:34 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#507327 - 12/29/22 01:14 AM Re: My latest project - non music related [Re: travlin'easy]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Gary

I think this new project of yours is great for two reasons: First, it is of a rather long duration, giving you something you can get involved in, and giving you pleasure along the way. Secondly, this burl is a real beauty, and will a magnificent piece. This a just one more aspect of your very diverse abilities. I am looking forward to viewing the finished product.

Bernie

#507328 - 12/29/22 08:32 AM Re: My latest project - non music related [Re: Bernie9]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
A real renaissance man, for sure. In my VERY BRIEF time in a shop class, I had the best student build two small benches (basically three pieces of wood nailed together).

He kept the best one for his project: I bought the "B" one.Best shop grade I ever had.

One of the very best things about Gary is, he's as good a friend as you'll ever have.

I appreciate you, Friend!

Russ

#507329 - 12/29/22 09:11 AM Re: My latest project - non music related [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks guys, I truly appreciate your friendship over the years.

Gary cool

#507447 - 01/17/23 02:32 PM Re: My latest project - non music related [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Here's the progress to the test piece of red oak using the same procedure I intend to use on the larger project. Playing it safe by doing some small, test pieces of wood that I can afford to mess up.

Gary cool

#507448 - 01/17/23 05:58 PM Re: My latest project - non music related [Re: travlin'easy]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Hi guys! Very cool, Gary, make it purty! I have been selling firewood and all that acquiring and processing firewood entails for several years as a hobby. Not any money in it, just something to keep me active and also puts me in the woods, which I like. And like dealing with various woods. And love running a chainsaw, lol. There is an oak tree on some of my land that has the largest burl on it I have ever seen. Would be measured in feet, not inches. Is on the side of the trunk but it's over my head. I keep waiting for the tree to get toppled by a big wind. Which happens. If not, someday, I might take it down. Big trees like that die anyway. They die all the time. Various things get them. Around here, the large oaks are dying. Plus, the winds get them. Anyway, it would make a heckuva table. Cheers!

#507450 - 01/17/23 06:03 PM Re: My latest project - non music related [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Bill, give it a shot - I know you will love the end results.

Good luck,

Gary cool

#507462 - 01/19/23 09:17 AM Re: My latest project - non music related [Re: travlin'easy]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Glad you’re back at it, Gary. I was never much of a handy man, so I envy your skills!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#507463 - 01/19/23 09:25 AM Re: My latest project - non music related [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks Paul. Today, I will be staining the sides of the oak board, which will need at least two more days to dry before applying the epoxy finish. Thus far, it is really looking like it will come out incredible. I hope to have a finished product on this piece by the end of the week.

All the best,

Gary cool

#507468 - 01/20/23 07:56 AM Re: My latest project - non music related [Re: travlin'easy]
DanO63 Offline

Loc: Baltimore MD
Just caught the video. Very cool project. Great to see !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online