SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#507202 - 12/06/22 12:39 PM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Bernie, you're a model of what a forum participant should be. On so many of your posts you leave me thinking "Damn, wish I'd said that" (instead of what I REALLY said smile ). I don't know (OR CARE) what your political leanings might be, but on this forum I'd call you a MODERATE INDEPENDANT. BTW, Rikki also shares these virtues. Of course if all of us were like you two, there would be very few controversies and some of us might think we'd logged onto the wrong forum by mistake smile.

chas

#507203 - 12/06/22 02:14 PM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: cgiles]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Aw Geez, Chas, thanks.

I have seen what political and religious controversies has led to in this forum. I am a moderate in this forum, and in everyday life. That doesn't mean I don't have leanings, but there is a time and place for everything, and dis ain't the place. I want to enjoy the remnants of my favorite forum in peace and harmony. Here endeth the epistle.

Thank you to my old friends that still drop in and add whatever they can.

ps
Since we are naming names, I have come to know Chas, and like him, but he is a prime example of a person that won't stay still for any disparaging remarks. I would be the same, but I don't take the bait, usually. In other word, don't start something and there will be no trouble.

Hi Chas old buddy.

Edited by Bernie9 (12/06/22 02:15 PM)

#507214 - 12/13/22 07:43 AM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: cgiles]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If that other Roli stuff upset the traditionalists, I can only imagine what this will do!

https://youtu.be/_bmEWhCErc0

#507215 - 12/13/22 12:34 PM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I was never upset by the Roli stuff you posted. Far from it! For me, it was about as entertaining as watching paint dry. Same with this one.

Good luck, Diki,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#507216 - 12/13/22 03:12 PM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: travlin'easy]
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
I THOUGHT THIS FORUM WAS ABOUT PUTTING OUT FIRES NOT STARTING THEM. SHAME.
MEL

#507220 - 12/14/22 07:29 AM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: cgiles]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Honestly guys, if you think this is a fire, you don’t have much of a memory of how bad the forum got before the Great Migration.

And sorry, but if this is paint drying, this explains a lot, Gary. Parisi coaxes more realism from the sax part from a few square inches of MPE Blocks than I’ve ever heard from anyone on this forum on a conventional keyboard,

Perhaps you should have watched more painters, Gary…

#507222 - 12/14/22 01:20 PM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: cgiles]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By cgiles
Bernie, you're a model of what a forum participant should be. On so many of your posts you leave me thinking "Damn, wish I'd said that" (instead of what I REALLY said smile ). I don't know (OR CARE) what your political leanings might be, but on this forum I'd call you a MODERATE INDEPENDANT. BTW, Rikki also shares these virtues. Of course if all of us were like you two, there would be very few controversies and some of us might think we'd logged onto the wrong forum by mistake smile.

chas

Hi Chas,
Wouldn’t life be boring. Haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#507223 - 12/14/22 01:24 PM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

I guess I'm a bit old fashioned, Diki, but when I listen to a song, any song, I want to be entertained. I want to hear the story that the song's lyrics tell, and in reality, I want to hear something that gets my toes tapping, something that stirs my emotions, something that makes me want to join in and share these emotions with someone else. Lately, I have been listening to songs by the Irish Rovers, some of which I often performed when I was still working. My toes begin tapping when I hear the song "Drunken Sailor".

Enjoy your day,

Gary cool

#507226 - 12/15/22 12:49 PM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: travlin'easy]
Terrysutt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Thanks for posting this Gary,more please.

#507228 - 12/15/22 02:37 PM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Terry, I put this together in 2016, it's culmination of 5 songs by the Irish Rovers, the line dancers loved it and I thoroughly enjoyed performing it, especially for Saint Patty's Day parties. Here's my rendition of Irish Stew: Click Here To Hear Irish Stew

Here's the You Tube vid of the line dance:

All the best,

Gary cool

Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online