SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >
Topic Options
#507165 - 12/01/22 12:34 PM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: cgiles]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Diki, very intriguing keyboard. Not so sure about your choice of utube clips, though. The guy is obviously extremely talented, but , guessing from some of the comments , not quite our type of music?
Maybe a clip featuring how it works might have had a different response. It’s not like your normal type of keyboard. I would imagine for strings and orchestra’s it would be amazing, but maybe not for piano.
Came across a guy who does film scoring, he just raved about it. ( utube)
Apparently there’s a Rise2 coming out, or has just been released.
Good luck , hope you get a chance to try one.

They’ve got a demo night at my old music store back in Sydney, would have been down there in a flash. Miss the city. Haha.

Edited by rikkisbears (12/01/22 12:41 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#507170 - 12/02/22 12:43 PM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: cgiles]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I’m afraid it’s pretty tough to find clips of it that play down to the geriatric standards of our more vocal members here. But I’m pretty sure that to most people mentally under the age of forty, it’s pretty impressive!

Maybe we can get Marco to play an emotionless version of Tie a Yellow Ribbon and regain some of the respect for the instrument!😂

#507171 - 12/02/22 01:00 PM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Hey Diki, maybe you better take a look in the mirror - you are also in that Geriatric Category. But, if you are like most people our age, we still think like we were 17 years old, dating a new girl every month, and trying to find someone over 21 to go to the liquor store and buy us a 6-pack of Budweiser! wink

Right now, I'm working on a song I never performed in the past, "I Believe In Miracles" which when my right hand and arm heal up a bit, I'll try to record it.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#507174 - 12/03/22 08:29 AM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Well, my right hand aches like a toothache, but I gave it a shot this morning, a one shot deal on aging S-950 using the onboard USB recorder, no edits, no backing tracks, just a 3rd party style file I obtained from a member of the PSR Tutorial site, just the same as if I were still performing on stage before I retired due to health issues. I may be in the Geriatric Category, but I can still think like I was young. Wish I still had my vocals as I did when I was a horny, 17 year old kid. wink

https://app.box.com/s/yyz8xv6y0vffn2h0yx3zuyw3r52tmtmk

Gary cool

#507175 - 12/03/22 08:56 AM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: travlin'easy]
zuki Offline

Gary,

Great job. Also liked the RH lead with the Roli. Thanks for sharing with the youngsters here.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#507189 - 12/05/22 12:12 PM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: travlin'easy]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Well, my right hand aches like a toothache, but I gave it a shot this morning, a one shot deal on aging S-950 using the onboard USB recorder, no edits, no backing tracks, just a 3rd party style file I obtained from a member of the PSR Tutorial site, just the same as if I were still performing on stage before I retired due to health issues. I may be in the Geriatric Category, but I can still think like I was young. Wish I still had my vocals as I did when I was a horny, 17 year old kid. wink

https://app.box.com/s/yyz8xv6y0vffn2h0yx3zuyw3r52tmtmk

Nice rendition Gary. I'd like to learn it too, if you wouldn't mind sharing that style, I'd appreciate it.

Keeep em' coming !

Gary cool

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#507191 - 12/05/22 01:48 PM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: montunoman]
travlin'easy Offline

No Problem, Paul. I'll be happy to send it to you sometime tomorrow.

Gary cool

#507197 - 12/06/22 09:04 AM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: cgiles]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Gary, geriatric is a state of mind, not an actual age. If you close yourself off to anything from the last half a century (Purple Rain came out in 1984!) you kind of limit your growth. It’s keeping pushing up against your limits both in technique and taste that keep you young.

#507200 - 12/06/22 11:01 AM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Diki, I have a fairly extensive medical background and I can unequivocally tell you that it is not a state of mind - it's a matter of body parts that have worn out with age and abuse of the body human. I have a lot of body parts that are either no longer functional, missing or been surgically replaced. My mind is still quite functional and I still manage to provide technical assistance to hundreds of individuals on various arranger keyboard forums. Ironically, at this point I having a great deal of difficulty typing this due to a compression/stress fracture of my right wrist. This happens quite frequently to older individuals who tend to try to keep appointments that were made in their minds, however, their body can no longer keep.

You'll figure it out, one day, wink

Gary cool

#507201 - 12/06/22 12:12 PM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: cgiles]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I think both scenarios have merit. I think there is going to be physical degradation, or worse, but I believe a fighting spirit ameliorates the severity many times.

Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online