SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#507062 - 11/13/22 11:50 AM Wish You Were Here - P.Floyd recorded on PA4Xpro
DanO63 Offline

Loc: Baltimore MD
Recorded MP3 in real time on Korg PA4Xpro. Style located in user bank , ballad category. Name of style ? "believe" style. Audix OM2 mic

Love the guitar strum: https://www.reverbnation.com/danoneil/song/33536029-wish-you-were-here

If you listen, please let me know if hear an error....

#507064 - 11/13/22 02:04 PM Re: Wish You Were Here - P.Floyd recorded on PA4Xpro [Re: DanO63]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
See?! This is exactly what I’ve been talking about with reference to the Ketron audio guitars. MIDI Guitar Modes using samples (not loops) CAN sound incredibly realistic, and are completely editable, have no limitation as to what chord can be played, no limitation on tempo or pitch stretch. They can do slash and open chords, whatever you want.

I honestly believe this is the future of guitar emulation…

Great tune and performance, BTW… 🎹😎

#507065 - 11/13/22 02:46 PM Re: Wish You Were Here - P.Floyd recorded on PA4Xpro [Re: Diki]
DanO63 Offline

Loc: Baltimore MD
Originally Posted By Diki
See?! This is exactly what I’ve been talking about with reference to the Ketron audio guitars. MIDI Guitar Modes using samples (not loops) CAN sound incredibly realistic, and are completely editable, have no limitation as to what chord can be played, no limitation on tempo or pitch stretch. They can do slash and open chords, whatever you want.

I honestly believe this is the future of guitar emulation…

Great tune and performance, BTW… 🎹😎

Thanks again for liking the tune. I am classic rock influenced.

I think we all will be pleasantly surprised with the new Event arranger. Imo.

#507068 - 11/13/22 06:42 PM Re: Wish You Were Here - P.Floyd recorded on PA4Xpro [Re: DanO63]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I’m impressed with it too. Sounds great.

For me, the problem comes about when something doesn’t QUITE work, and there’s absolutely nothing you can do about it. A MIDI guitar mode track can be made to swing a bit even if it’s originally straight 8ths/16ths, you can edit the strum or picking pattern, you don’t have to look up if the style has all the chords you need or worry about how it will deal with non-audioloop chords.

The Ketron sounds killer doing what it does. And if that exactly what you need, you’re gold. If it isn’t exactly what you need, your editing options are limited, but few of us edit in the first place, so doubtless it doesn’t worry many…

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online