Hello Synthzoners,

I very rarely put a post here, but I do read everything that goes on, and it's all very much appreciated. - So just for once, in announcing the 13th Jaybirds playalong submission to Cees, I'd like to give you a short background story to it.

The song '7th Heaven' is a composition by me (melody,) and Ted Rose (lyric). Both the melody and its title, stemmed directly from my use ( a few months ago now), of the expression 'I'm in seventh heaven'. - I suddenly thought,- I wonder if I could compose a song where, in any single key, every 7th chord in the musical scale of things is used as an essential part of the song. And here it is.

I've sequenced the playalong version in the keys of D, Eb, and C - played, not transposed. As such, I hope any interested players will not find it too daunting.

So, I hope nobody objects to posting here the subject of how this song came about. I thought it might be of some interest. The majority of posts appear to be on aspects of keyboarding of a more 'technical' nature. - Strangely, 'music' as such, is very rarely debated. And yet, it is the very backbone of everything we all enjoy. !! Hope you enjoy our latest effort. Cheers,

Colin.