SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#50631 - 12/23/03 02:52 PM KN7K Audio recorder USB problem ?
tony harbour Offline

Loc: wilts,england
I am trying to record mp3s from kn7000 to put on my website

I installed xp usb device drivers ad application , when i run audio recorder it generated error popup window saying to check instument connections - i can't find a problem

When i turn my pc off the sound goes through the kn7000 (via the usb) is this the problem ie is the sound going the wrong way and if so why?

Thanks in advance for any help

Toneharb

[This message has been edited by tony harbour (edited 12-28-2003).]

#50632 - 01/09/04 12:50 AM Re: KN7K Audio recorder USB problem ?
slinger Offline

Loc: England
From what I think you are saying, you are trying to record from the keyboard to the computer via the USB connection? If so then you need to record from the output sockets to the Soundcard input socket. It will record as a wave file, but you can then turn that into a MP3.

As for the sound of the computer coming out of the keyboard speakers, that is normal. You can turn it off via the control panel in Windows. Go to Sounds and Audio Devices, click the Audio Tab and in the Default Device you can choose your sound card or the Panasonic Device.

Hope this helps.

Slinger

#50633 - 01/09/04 12:57 AM Re: KN7K Audio recorder USB problem ?
Mark And Michelle Offline

Loc: Mersea Island, Essex, U K
Tony,

If you contact the following gentleman, a TYROS(!) owner, he has mastered the art of recording MP3s from his keyboard.

norman@saundersn1.freeserve.co.uk

Mark

#50634 - 01/09/04 06:01 AM Re: KN7K Audio recorder USB problem ?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Tony,
Using the Audio Output socket connection to the PC's sound card, is not the best way to record audio to your PC. It defeats the object of providing the USB link - ie bypassing all analogue audio circuits.
Using the USB link means that the recording is done totally in the Digital domain.
When you connect the KN7000 to a PC via USB, it is perfectly natural for the PC's sounds to play through the KN7000's sound system - in fact, this will provide an excellent audio system for your PC, particularly if you are using a Laptop Audio CDs in your PC's CD drive will also play through the KN7000.
If you are unable to record using the Panasonic recorder, I would try removing the drivers and re-installing. It is very important that you follow the installation procedure VERY CAREFULLY. During the XP installation, you will be informed that the drivers are 'unsigned'. Ignore this and choose install anyway (or words to that effect).
I found the Panasonic recorder a bit limiting for producing recordings and the MP3 results, in my opinion, were not satisfactory - a bit over compressed
I use an Audio file editor program called Goldwave, via the USB link, for recording, editing and producing .WAV files for CD and MP3 for website use. The program can be downloaded from www.goldwave.com and is free to try. To produce MP3 files, you will also need to download a suitable MP3 Codec. There is a link in the Goldwave program for a Codec (http://www.goldwave.com/faq.html#install )

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#50635 - 01/09/04 03:06 PM Re: KN7K Audio recorder USB problem ?
Leo's Den Offline

From a PR604, which for these purposes I assume matches the KN7000, I agree that you must go via USB to bypass all analogue changes. If you leave and return to digital, the quality loss is horrendous. I take in the recording via the software supplied by Technics (with which I have no quarrel from a quality angle)in a wav file and then do a sound edit job using Nero Wave Editor 5.5 (comes as part of the Nero burner that I then use to burn the CD). The very last part of the exercise is to compress into MP3Pro as you can then always go back and modify the wav file without having lost the quality. So store it on your lap-top or CD as a wav file always and only turn it into MP3Pro as a final step. Nero has its own built-in file encoder so you won't need any other software. I also find the MP3Pro quality of output is very good, and even with good headphones on your computer rather than the crummy speakers most people have, I defy you to tell the difference between MP3Pro and the original wav file.

[This message has been edited by Leo's Den (edited 01-09-2004).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online