lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#506071 - 07/02/22 03:08 PM Re: First Korg Pa5x Video [Re: MusicalMemories]
dud Offline

Loc: israel
the sounds are fantastic but the drums and bases are lame in most of the styles they are not punchy. not for me as an arranger ' though i love the sounds and the arrangments of many styles.

#506072 - 07/02/22 03:17 PM Re: First Korg Pa5x Video [Re: MusicalMemories]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway

Alois Müller's playing sure impress me a lot.

Here is Leigh Wilbraham 90 minutes live demo, not bad that either:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQaJklT5bUQ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#506074 - 07/03/22 02:29 PM Re: First Korg Pa5x Video [Re: dud]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By dud
the sounds are fantastic but the drums and bases are lame in most of the styles they are not punchy. not for me as an arranger ' though i love the sounds and the arrangments of many styles.

In my opinion, because of the nature of the elderly demographic arrangers tend to be marketed in, most arranges suffer from the drums and bass being mixed and EQ’d a little light. But, in my experience, usually some work to the styles and The mixes and the EQ is enough to get them upfront and in your face if that’s what you need…

#506076 - 07/04/22 06:11 AM Re: First Korg Pa5x Video [Re: Diki]
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
You are right. The korg will I am sure, blow you away with it's bass and drums far more than most other boards. Korg prides itself on it's ability to sound just like you want it too. just not out of the box. No two people are the same and korg likes to please by adapting to each of us and it does it very well.
lets not trash the new keyboard befor anyone hass even tried one. We have been waiting for months and months for this the it seems like some folks want to trash it before even opening the box. Not fair.
MEL a Korg and Yamaha fan

#506078 - 07/04/22 09:42 AM Re: First Korg Pa5x Video [Re: MusicalMemories]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I know that basically pushing the bass and drum track about +10 in the mixer makes most arrangers (that figure is from Roland’s, other brands my differ a bit) sound a lot more ‘live’ and punchy, along with taking off much of the usually too aggressive master compression.

I doubt we could get any two arranger players to agree on what constitutes the ‘perfect’ sound… what works at home doesn’t work in a quiet restaurant, what works in a quiet restaurant doesn’t work in a noisy dance club, etc., etc..

Each new generation of arrangers raises the bar. But where each of us wants that bar set varies wildly. Korg release a product with the bar in one place. But as long as the tools for moving the bar to where you need exist, we shouldn’t really complain that Korg’s choice isn’t ours,

Roll up your sleeves, expect to have to do a fair bit of work. I can’t think of an arranger that didn’t need some! 🎹😎

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online