SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#505809 - 06/04/22 09:56 AM Wouldn‘t be my favorite wedding song, but ok…
Crossover Offline

Today‘s bridal couple wished Pink‘s Cover Me in Sunshine as a piano version during the wedding ceremony. First time I played Pink. Wouldn‘t be my favorite romantic wedding tune, but it‘s the couple‘s taste that counts.
Our church piano is a Yamaha P-255.

https://youtu.be/x4n__dIVE-o

#505810 - 06/04/22 11:20 AM Re: Wouldn‘t be my favorite wedding song, but ok… [Re: Crossover]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Very nice playing. Although I came to like Pink once I found out she could actually sing, I'm not crazy about that particular tune, and yes, I agree with you, it wouldn't be my pick for a wedding tune either. Still, it's a nice feeling to have the competency to play the customer's request, no matter how you feel about it's appropriateness. BTW, that Yammy sounds pretty darn good; covers the piano's entire range very well.

chas

#505814 - 06/04/22 03:15 PM Re: Wouldn‘t be my favorite wedding song, but ok… [Re: Crossover]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Nice!

At least they didn’t request Billy Idol’s White Wedding! 🤯

#505825 - 06/06/22 03:16 AM Re: Wouldn‘t be my favorite wedding song, but ok… [Re: Crossover]
Crossover Offline

Thanks. Yes, we are happy with the Yamaha P-255, it sounds good and the onboard speakers are strong enough to fill the church, unlike the DGX 630 he had before.
I remember Billy Idol‘s White Wedding, very 80s, nobody ever requested that wink

#505827 - 06/06/22 09:00 AM Re: Wouldn‘t be my favorite wedding song, but ok… [Re: Crossover]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Anyone who can play the piano as well as Crossover has my respect! Especially considering this was a request outside of her
normal Repertoire , maybe a song she’ll never play again nor particularly cares for. Now that’s a pro!

May I ask you Crossover, are reading a full piano arraignment or lead sheet? Are you playing exactly what’s written or your interpretation? Just curious…. Either way, great job!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#505844 - 06/07/22 08:06 AM Re: Wouldn‘t be my favorite wedding song, but ok… [Re: montunoman]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By montunoman
Anyone who can play the piano as well as Crossover has my respect! Especially considering this was a request outside of her
normal Repertoire , maybe a song she’ll never play again nor particularly cares for. Now that’s a pro!

May I ask you Crossover, are reading a full piano arraignment or lead sheet? Are you playing exactly what’s written or your interpretation? Just curious…. Either way, great job!

That‘s very kind, thank you! I often play by just noting down chords by ear and doing the arrangement by ear, but in this case the bridal couple had already ordered piano sheet music online and attached it to the email right away when asking me if I could play this song, so I used the sheet music.

#505849 - 06/07/22 09:43 AM Re: Wouldn‘t be my favorite wedding song, but ok… [Re: Crossover]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
DITTO!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online