#505667 - 05/22/22 05:57 AM Bohm SE10 Keyboard Demo
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Enjoy

Bill

#505677 - 05/22/22 10:38 PM Re: Bohm SE10 Keyboard Demo [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Can you post a straight url please..? We still have a forum bug that certain platforms (like my iPad) don’t see embedded video.

Thanks.

#505678 - 05/23/22 12:13 AM Re: Bohm SE10 Keyboard Demo [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Here you go Diki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFCopkUBzhU

An additional video has also been added

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRc2cMRfhCc

Enjoy

Bill

#505684 - 05/23/22 12:40 PM Re: Bohm SE10 Keyboard Demo [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Thanks… 👍🏼

He seems a bit gushy about features like bass inversion that arrangers have had for 30 years, doesn’t he?

In fact, other than the touch screen, the whole presentation has got a bit of an oldies vibe!

I mean, I understand about the Klaus Wunderlich fixation, but surely organ players have moved on a bit since the 60’s and 70’s?

#505688 - 05/23/22 02:46 PM Re: Bohm SE10 Keyboard Demo [Re: abacus]
124 Offline

smile Agreed, Diki. Most definitely not my bag, there still seems to be a lot of Harold Smart wannabes around. smile

#505690 - 05/24/22 01:32 AM Re: Bohm SE10 Keyboard Demo [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Regarding the bass inversion, Bohm are primarily an organ manufacture (The SE10 is just a simplified version of them to allow for single keyboard play) so bass inversion is an irrelevance as you have a pedalboard to play, thus most organ players don’t even know it is on their instruments let alone how to use it, so emphasizing this is to be expected. (Even though Bass inversion on a keyboard is clunky and robotic compared to a proper pedalboard it does show that you can still play bass to a fashion)

Bill

#505737 - 05/29/22 10:33 AM Re: Bohm SE10 Keyboard Demo [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Arpeggio video + a video of why he actually bought the keyboard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxY4iV8SVhA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9q2iorYYiE

#505739 - 05/29/22 01:50 PM Re: Bohm SE10 Keyboard Demo [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

One would think that if a pedalboard was attached, you’d need a lower manual as well and next thing you know, you’re hauling an organ around again…

The thing that more surprises me is why any orga player would need something as basic as bass inversion explained to them after the feature has been available on nearly all arrangers for over 30 years, and has been a regular feature on most organs that have arranger capabilities for virtually as long.

They seem to be a bit confused about the target demographic if purist theater organists are going to cast scorn on the whole idea of anything less than you covering complex baselines with your feet alone.

It just seems strange to be so enthusiastic about a feature that anyone who has EVER played any arranger expects as a normal standard thing.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online