SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#504845 - 02/04/22 10:56 AM Kenny Loggins...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
With Covid news I was a little down. As I do, I began searching for uplifting tunes. One real winner is Kenny Loggin's Love will find the Way. Another: Leonid and Friends recent cover of EW&F After the Love is Gone.

Music is a wonderful thing.

Stay well, all.

R.

#504960 - 02/16/22 05:07 PM Re: Kenny Loggins... [Re: captain Russ]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Hey Russ,
It's George Kaye from Kaye's Music Scene, officially retired and closed my store after 51 years! I haven't been to the synthzone for a long time and just wanted to say "thank you" to all you synthzoners who bought dozens of keyboards from my store over the years and to also say how sad I am to here that Don Mason past away recently.
Regards,
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
No longer in Reseda, California!
(Retired 2021)

#504961 - 02/16/22 06:15 PM Re: Kenny Loggins... [Re: George Kaye]
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted By George Kaye
Hey Russ,
It's George Kaye from Kaye's Music Scene, officially retired and closed my store after 51 years! I haven't been to the synthzone for a long time and just wanted to say "thank you" to all you synthzoners who bought dozens of keyboards from my store over the years and to also say how sad I am to here that Don Mason past away recently.
Regards,
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene

H
No longer in Reseda, California!

Hey George was thinking of you the other day because I wanted to THANK YOU....If it wasn't for you I NEVER would have bought the PA4X 76 that changed my songwriting and studio work. It is the centerpiece of my studio..In fact I just posted a tune here I laid the initial tracks on...You answered EVERY question & put up with my window shopping for years until I took the plunge...I believe it took me 3-4 years to actually buy an Arranger...You rock

#504968 - 02/17/22 10:57 AM Re: Kenny Loggins... [Re: captain Russ]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Many years ago, while traveling though the "Golden State" I stopped by Kayes Music Scene in Reseda, and George was kind enough to spend a couple hours with me teaching how to use the Korg Micro Arranger, even though I didn't even buy it from him!

A few years later, on another trip out west, I came to check a Roland BK 5, and he remembered my by name! I didn't need up buying the Roland but I promissed my next keyboard purchase would be from Kayes Music Scene.

Last year when I finally decided to get the Yamaha SX 900, I called George, he gave a great price and service. He uploaded all the Latin expansions packs before he shipped it to Texas.

I am sorry to see you close up the shop, George. But then again,
51 years is a mighty good run. Best wishes to you George, enjoy this new chapter of your life.

Paul Blood

Dallas, Texas

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#504969 - 02/17/22 01:03 PM Re: Kenny Loggins... [Re: captain Russ]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Wow George Kaye, talk about a blast from the past. Good luck in your retirement

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#504971 - 02/18/22 07:29 AM Re: Kenny Loggins... [Re: lahawk]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
George, the piano you sold me is at my right hand, butted up to my desk as I speak. Probably wrote 100 commercial pieces of music on it. The Roland synth (a 201, I think) has never been turned on. The Godin jazz guitar is one of my very favorites.

Be well. So glad to hear from you.

Russ

#504984 - 02/21/22 09:30 AM Re: Kenny Loggins... [Re: captain Russ]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Thank you all for the kind words. The Synthzone really helped my business grow back around 1999 and on. Everyone of you were a joy to become not only a supplier of products but you all became friends as well. Back in those early years I spent hours and hours on the phone giving advise and explaining how to navigate these arranger keyboards which were not always the easiest to understand. At 72 years old, I have so much more to do in retirement which I could never do while working 6 days a week for all my adult life! I miss you all and thank you all from the bottom of my heart!
George
(Retired 2021)

#505570 - 04/30/22 06:17 AM Re: Kenny Loggins... [Re: captain Russ]
flingers Offline

Loc: Saline, Mi. USA
leonid and friends AMAZING! Totally agree. Russ Check out their version of so very hard to go Tower of power.. Have you checked out Hindley street country club yet? Another great cover band group.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online