SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#504773 - 01/14/22 06:15 PM Roland BK9 organ settings
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
When I use the onboard organ section on my BK9 I like to adjust the parameters and save it to Performance. Everything works fine except the EQ Treble setting. I set the Bass to 5, Mid to 3, and Treble to -2. Save it every way I can think of including using the USB button. When I come back to the Performance everything is fine EXCEPT the Treble which goes back to 5 ??? Weird

#505025 - 02/28/22 10:02 AM Re: Roland BK9 organ settings [Re: Bill Lewis]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sounds like a bug to me… 🪳

#505031 - 02/28/22 03:08 PM Re: Roland BK9 organ settings [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

Do you think a factory reset would help? Is there a way to reinstall the operating system>?

#505040 - 03/01/22 09:33 AM Re: Roland BK9 organ settings [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

I looked and have the latest operating system. If I hit Facory Reset to try to solve the problem can I get all my settings back from my USB drive? Too much work to loose.

#505086 - 03/05/22 01:35 PM Re: Roland BK9 organ settings [Re: Bill Lewis]
Diki Offline

A factory reset will not lose anything on your stick, but you DO lose all your Global settings and Defaults. You can’t store these on anything, you HAVE to write them all down (the EA7 added storage for these).

These include things like any MIDI Sets you have, FC7 and control pedal assignments, all your Mastering Tools settings, your Track Mute settings, and many other things including your Startup default (save this as a Performance and reload it after the reset).

But you will not lose anything on the stick, although I’d recommend removing it before you do the reset ‘just in case’!

But…. To be quite honest, I don’t think that a reset solves this particular issue. Unless you are SURE that at some point in the past you were able to store the HB EQ settings I simply think you found a bug. A reset doesn’t fix an OS bug.

#505093 - 03/05/22 02:30 PM Re: Roland BK9 organ settings [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

Yes I can store all the other Otgan parameters. For the EQ I always do Bass 5, Mid 3, and Treble -2 Save it every way I can and when I come back the Treble is on 5 !

Thanks Diki I may have to think about this more before I hit the "Reset" button LOL

Edited by Bill Lewis (03/05/22 02:32 PM)

#505099 - 03/05/22 04:01 PM Re: Roland BK9 organ settings [Re: Bill Lewis]
Diki Offline

Yep… tested on my BK9, same thing. No need for a reset, it won’t help.

Here’s something I found out, though. As long as you don’t use negative values for any of the EQ settings, the values remain where you program them. Obviously some kind of bitset value has been got wrong. It applies to bass and mid values too. So, okay, you may not be able to set a negative value, but you aren’t stuck with that +5 value on the highs!

See if Bass 5 and a lower Mid (maybe 2) and High at 0 will suffice…

#505100 - 03/05/22 04:06 PM Re: Roland BK9 organ settings [Re: Bill Lewis]
Diki Offline

You might also practice getting to the HB EQ parameter quickly live, too. Until you change Performances, it will stay where you leave it at -2.

If you hold the HBar button down a second or two, it bring up the edit page. Quick scroll down to the EQ parameters, adjust the highs. Lasts til you change Performances.

#505110 - 03/06/22 07:42 PM Re: Roland BK9 organ settings [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

Thanks so mich for that tip. Weird that you can't save a negative value. After playing Hammonds for so many years I hate a shrill organ sound or a metallic percussion.
Thanks again, can't wait to reset my organ sounds.

Another thing that bothers me is you can't overwrite the organ settings in the favorites. I use very few settings but I'd like to have them in hand to quickly write into a Performance. Still love the BK9 for live work thoigh.

THANKS AGAIN ,

#505143 - 03/11/22 09:23 AM Re: Roland BK9 organ settings [Re: Bill Lewis]
Diki Offline

Yeah… the G70 allowed you to write your own presets. Mind you, without a touch screen to easily select them, if the BK-9 did this, it’s still a PITA to accurately select them while you are playing. It’s tough to see which one is highlighted and then you have to scroll and press, which can be tough live without getting the wrong one by mistake.

If I’m on a live gig that primarily wants B3, I just write several registrations to adjacent Performances and select them on the fly. If you’re using styles, you can use the Performance Hold to retain your style, tempo and variation settings while you crank through the Performaces/Registrations.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online