SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#504407 - 12/02/21 07:21 PM looking for Frank or Dan !!
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hello,

I've bought my last 6 keyboards from Frank V or Dan O. I've lost all of my emails to either and can't find a website. Are they still in business and has anyone recently ordered from them?? Thanks. -charley

#504408 - 12/03/21 01:37 AM Re: looking for Frank or Dan !! [Re: rattley]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA

#504409 - 12/03/21 07:22 AM Re: looking for Frank or Dan !! [Re: rattley]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Audioworks CT
President, Frank A. Ventresca
260 Old Gate Lane
Milford, CT 06460
(203) 876-1133 (203) 395-2557
frank@audioworksct.com

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#504425 - 12/04/21 03:08 PM Re: looking for Frank or Dan !! [Re: rattley]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I"m still here

AudioProCT LLC
260 Old Gate Lane
Milford, CT 06460
(203) 806-5555
Frank@AudioProCT.com

#504426 - 12/05/21 06:54 AM Re: looking for Frank or Dan !! [Re: rattley]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hey Frank,

Just curious.

With world supplies limited, chip shortages, and unloaded cargo ships, what's your status with arranger keyboards?

Got any ? smile

My brother's music store, Hawk Music (mostly guitars), is currently limited in supplies by certain manufactures, but it's getting better. Just wondering if your situation is similar with arranger keyboards.

Thanks

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#504430 - 12/05/21 11:18 AM Re: looking for Frank or Dan !! [Re: rattley]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Thanks for the info !! -charley

#504440 - 12/09/21 04:56 AM Re: looking for Frank or Dan !! [Re: rattley]
frankieve Offline

It's not fun, 1-6 months to get certain models in. Just got 2 PSR-SX900s in, after 2 months wait. Everything I have in stock, nobody wants, but everything that's back-ordered, everybody wants.

Korg is has discontinued the PA4x series but has no announcement about the 5x, I've had PA-1000s on order for months, but haven't received any.

I thought being a small 1 man shop competing with the big guys was hard before? haha, I was wrong

#504442 - 12/09/21 06:29 AM Re: looking for Frank or Dan !! [Re: frankieve]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By frankieve
It's not fun....
Korg is has discontinued the PA4x series ....

I thought being a small 1 man shop competing with the big guys was hard before? haha, I was wrong

Too bad, and it's hard for many kind of businesses nowadays. Looks like there is no end of what's going down due to the corona disaster.
So the rumour about Korg discontinue the PA4x is true then... And no successor, it's really sad.
Make me wonder about Yamaha's next step. 🤔

Wish you the best of luck to keep on during this storm Frank. 👍
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#504444 - 12/09/21 10:24 AM Re: looking for Frank or Dan !! [Re: rattley]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I have my doubts that Korg Have discontinued the PA4X with no successor in the pipeline. But it IS a savvy move to not announce the replacement until frantic buyers have snapped up the remaining stock of the old model!

The thing that I am looking forward to is a new arranger based on the Nautilis engine. I honestly think that we have reached the end of the line with how far the old Triton architecture can be exploited. Korg have had the Kronos/Nautilus engine up and running for 10 years now, it’s about time we arranger players got a piece of the action…

I particularly want to see the Nautilus’ 12 insert effects… Genos has 28 (😱), the SX900 has 8, the SX700 has 5, even the decade old BK9 has 5. Korg’s TOTL PA4X’s measly 4 total inserts is looking pretty dated.

I can’t tell you how freeing having sufficient insert effects is. Effects are so integral to most sounds, the right phaser, the perfect amp simulator, a well designed compressor, a specialty reverb like gated or reverse, they are as important to the sound as the samples themselves. And you get them on the main keyboard sounds…

The problem starts when you say to yourself ‘Hey, I’d like that sound in a style’. But you used up all your inserts on just the keyboard Parts. Now you’re stuck trying to figure out if a) you can do without an insert effect on your keyboard sound, b) whether there’s a passable sound without an effect that will SORT of do, or worse c) send two sounds to the same effect. What a PITA!

Enough inserts for every style and keyboard Part is the solution. The 12 in the Nautilus would just about do the job. Yes, Genos’s 28 is a bit overkill, but in a keyboard first, you can route the output of one insert into another insert, so okay, not too shabby!

The Triton engine made its way into the arranger line within a year or so of its launch. Why Korg users have had to wait TEN years (and counting) for the Kronos/Nautilus hardware is perplexing to say the least.

I can understand Korg discontinuing the PA4X, but only if a new generation is incoming. Another model based on the 20 year old Triton architecture is not going to set the world on fire, IMHO.

#504466 - 12/12/21 07:26 AM Re: looking for Frank or Dan !! [Re: rattley]
frankieve Offline

True

But I never said they don't have something in the works, just that they have made no announcement

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online