SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#504318 - 11/18/21 07:11 AM Re: Dia de los muertos (All Souls Day) [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Thank you John. I would love to have more professional videos but it takes a lot of time and money! But we are working on a studio recording and coming up with a ideas for a music video as we speak. Hopefully it will be out by early 2022.

As far as the instruments you hear in the last video: The drums and percussion are all from the Audya. The percussionists in the video are superb , but we were on a "shoe string" budget. It would've taken more time (and money) to correctly record their instruments in a professional manner. When we play live, I don't really modify much the auto accompaniment drums/percussion, but I always try to use a least a live percussionist. It adds to the groove and overall Latin vibe, some may find that overkill, kind of like the old Saturday Night Live joke " More Cowbell!"

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#504319 - 11/18/21 07:35 AM Re: Dia de los muertos (All Souls Day) [Re: montunoman]
zuki Offline

Paul, that is super stuff! Great video, beautiful people, wonderful music. Congrats on your editing and pursuit of perfection. Love to see more.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#504320 - 11/18/21 07:38 AM Re: Dia de los muertos (All Souls Day) [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Hi John,

Thank you so much! We would love to have more professional videos/recordings but it takes a lot of time and money... Anyways, we are currently recoding in a pro studio and are working on ideas for a new music video, which hopefully we'll release by Spring time.

All the drums and percussion in the above video are coming from the Audya. Although the percussionists in the video are top notch players, it would 've taken more time (and money) to properly record their instruments.

When we play live, I almost always hire at least one percussionist. I don't even alter the drums and percussion on the keyboard styles. As good as drums and percussion are on the auto accompaniment, SMF, and backing tracks, I feel like having a live percussionist adds greatly to the groove and Latin vibe. I am sure some would consider it overkill, maybe like the old joke on the TV show Saturday Night Live " More Cowbell!"

Luckily the guys I use are very good a either doubling the part with great precision or playing a very nice rhythmic counterpoint.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online