Topic Options
#504299 - 11/15/21 11:22 AM For PC Users Not Wanting To Update To Windows 11
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
How to Block The Windows 11 Update
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_s50gEvG7g

Below is from YouTube PC Guru Britec09
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_M-iWYpQbgo4rK1YfewI5w

Today we are going to take a look at blocking any feature update from Microsoft, if you don't want to receive feature updates, like Windows 11, then this video is for you. You can block these updates, but still receive security updates. Remember, only do this if you want to opt out of any kind of feature windows updates. This completely reversable and safe to do using group policy for windows 10 pro users or registry tweak for windows 10 home users.

Edited by Graham UK (11/15/21 11:24 AM)

#506095 - 07/06/22 07:21 AM Re: For PC Users Not Wanting To Update To Windows 11 [Re: Graham UK]
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Any thoughts on why one should or should not update to Windows 11?

Glenn

#506097 - 07/06/22 10:35 AM Re: For PC Users Not Wanting To Update To Windows 11 [Re: GlennT]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Well Microsoft is forcing you to create a Microsoft account if you want to install new, (Originally only on the home version but looks like it is also coming to the Pro version) naturally there are safe ways to get round this with plenty of details online, and if you upgrade from Windows 10 and are using a local account then currently it doesn’t apply. (But who knows what Microsoft has instore)

I have been using Windows 11 for about 9 months as a secondary OS with the main one being Windows 10 as there were some quirks with Windows 11, (And there is still 1 or 2) however as of the beginning of July I now use Windows 11 as my main OS as it now works as good as any Windows version, with many benefits as well. (Just make sure your hardware is compatible without using workarounds)
If you are on windows 10, then providing you do not run the Windows 11 compatibility checking program (It’s an option in Windows Update) it will not ask you to upgrade to Windows 11.
NOTE: There are a number of differences (Which is the same whenever a new OS comes out) but you soon get the hang of it.
I recommend you set your update settings to delay feature updates (Win 10 or 11) for around 5 months before installing to allow bugs to be sorted.
Windows 10 will be supported until 2025 so there is no panic to upgrade to Windows 11 just yet.

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online