SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#504280 - 11/12/21 07:05 PM Re: Gary. Bose Hearing Aids [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
OK, How are you making out with them after a couple days.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#504281 - 11/13/21 01:37 AM Re: Gary. Bose Hearing Aids [Re: guitpic1]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
So far, good.

I’ll give a longer report after I’ve worn them a couple of weeks

#504315 - 11/17/21 03:38 PM Re: Gary. Bose Hearing Aids [Re: guitpic1]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY

Hearing aids are only available by prescription but a proposed rule from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is expected to make the devices available over-the-counter (OTC) for people with mild to moderate hearing loss.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/fda-issues-proposed-rule-for-otc-hearing-aids-5209271

Jerryghr

#504321 - 11/18/21 10:21 AM Re: Gary. Bose Hearing Aids [Re: Jerryghr]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Jerry,I never needed a prescription for any of my hearing aids purchased over the past 30 years.
The audiologists in my part of the world are not MDs - they are hearing technicians.

You can order the Bose hearing aids directly from Bose, which is the only place they are available. When I purchased my first hearing aids, I walked in to the hearing aid store near my home, a young girl did a hearing test, took a wax impression of my ear and ordered then from New York. They arrived three days later, she adjusted the EQ, and I paid them $1,100, and that was 3 years ago. The only thing that has changed at that store was the prices, which are sky high.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#504327 - 11/19/21 02:16 AM Re: Gary. Bose Hearing Aids [Re: guitpic1]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Hello All

I have decided to keep the Bose hearing aids.

These really aren’t hearing aids in the traditional sense. They don’t target specific frequency loss but rather work as in ear amplifiers…and that is what works for me.

I couldn’t recommend these to anyone else who had much more than a mild hearing loss.

The Phonak Paradise hearing aids that I tried out were tuned for my specific frequency loss but that meant retraining my brain to hear and recognize sounds I hadn’t heard for decades. I’m not up to that.

Good discussion.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online