SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#504198 - 11/02/21 10:59 AM Dia de los muertos (All Souls Day)
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
This has been a very busy season with all the "Dia de los muertos" celebrations here in Texas. I thought I'd share some cell phone footage posted by some of the spectators. (sorry for the poor sound and visual quality)

The first one is Dia De Los Muertos Parade in downtown Dallas. I was told 85, 000 were in attendance! I wish I had a video of the grand finale when a Mexiacan folkloric dance group joined us on stage in their authentic attire. They danced perfectly in unison and several people asked if we rehearsed it- but it was completely spontaneous and beautiful. Maybe my most touching musical experiences of my life!

The next event was at a small Mexican bakery in the Oak Cliff section of Dallas. Great crowd and fantastic weather too. For better or worse, you can't see me very well in these videos, but I was playing good old fashioned auto accompaniment on my new Yamaha SX 900.My wife is on vocals, and we had a guitarist and two percussionists.

Dia De Los Muertos is about celebrating the lives of those beloved that we have lost. For this reason, I dedicate these performances to my friend Don Mason. I will be thinking of you my dear old amigo today and forever.

Edited by montunoman (11/02/21 02:16 PM)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#504208 - 11/04/21 10:51 PM Re: Dia de los muertos (All Souls Day) [Re: montunoman]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Hello Paul,

it does look like a wonderful celebration, I wish I could be there and film something myself,

it also reminds me that Latin styles were something that made choose the SX900, your performance proves that they indeed sound great, nothing mechanical about them.

Thank you for sharing, you all are doing a great job!

#504209 - 11/05/21 07:40 AM Re: Dia de los muertos (All Souls Day) [Re: montunoman]
Kerry Offline

Thanks for posting this celebration Paul, All Souls Day had way more significance for me this year and your music and your wife's wonderful voice bought some comfort and joy, thanks again.

#504212 - 11/05/21 09:57 AM Re: Dia de los muertos (All Souls Day) [Re: montunoman]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Thanks Paul, sounds great, and looks like a good time.
Happy All Souls Day smile

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#504233 - 11/07/21 12:18 PM Re: Dia de los muertos (All Souls Day) [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Offline

Hi Kabinopus, I wish you could experience an authentic Dia de los muertos celebration too. We feel honored to participate in this tradition and do our best to make the celebration specials. You're right, the SX900 is great for Latin, and it helps that we have some amazing live percussionist to accompany us too. As good as the styles are, having the human touch of a master percussionist helps so much!

Kerry, we're glad to add a little comfort a joy. Nigel brought so many people from all over the world together, and I am so grateful for this forum. It has been lifechanging for me and I'm sure you are very proud of his legacy!

Larry, it was a great time and we got to do another event last night too. The celebrations have been going on quite strong this season. Best wishes to you and yours in PA.

#504290 - 11/14/21 10:10 AM Re: Dia de los muertos (All Souls Day) [Re: montunoman]
Crossover Offline

Just saw this. It‘s an interesting way of commemoration of the deceased. Nice live music. It seems if you live in Texas you are quite a lot in touch with Latin American culture and the Spanish language.

#504291 - 11/14/21 12:49 PM Re: Dia de los muertos (All Souls Day) [Re: Crossover]
montunoman Offline

Originally Posted By Crossover
Just saw this. It‘s an interesting way of commemoration of the deceased. Nice live music. It seems if you live in Texas you are quite a lot in touch with Latin American culture and the Spanish language.

Thank you Rachelle for your comments. Yes, an interesting way to commemorate those that are no longer with us , it can fill you with all sorts of emotions.

Yes, Latino culture and Spanish language is prominent in Texas, but unfortunately there is still quite a lot of misunderstanding and non expectance. But over all, I think this is a great place to live and play music.

#504302 - 11/16/21 04:09 AM Re: Dia de los muertos (All Souls Day) [Re: montunoman]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

hi Paul,

I have just been going thru quite a number of your most recent videos and the atmosphere is always close to "electric " which does not surprise me at all as Latin music is quite electric in itself.
However, if I may make a suggestion, virtually all of the videos are live recordings and the overall sound quality does not do justice to neither the artists nor the instruments. Perhaps a few studio recordings or direct line-in recordings while performing ? Just a thought really............

regards
John

#504305 - 11/16/21 04:50 PM Re: Dia de los muertos (All Souls Day) [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Offline

Hi John,

Thank you for watching our videos and I'm glad you were able to feel some of the energy. Yes, most of the recording are done "quick and dirty" recorded on cell phones, either by people in the audience or by one of us on stage "selfie style", so yeah, not very high quality at all. It is always sort of an after thought, as it takes a of time and effort just to set up for a gig. Your point is well taken, and I really need to learn about recording and video editing.

But actually right now, we are recording some original material in the studio, and hope to release some music videos early next year.

For now, I'll leave you with a music video that we preordered and mixed, and edited. The song is called "La Llorana" a song based on a spooky Mexican folkloric tale. Enjoy : )

#504311 - 11/17/21 07:13 AM Re: Dia de los muertos (All Souls Day) [Re: montunoman]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Paul,

Now you're talking !! Great stuff and excellent quality both video and sound. If the rest will be in the same vain I am sure many will be interested in having/purchasing your music as well as it being wonderful promotion for any future gig that will be in store for you !!!
By the way, I was wondering what comes out of the Audya here as there are already a percussionist and a drummer.......??....
thanks for sharing,

regards
John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online