This has been a very busy season with all the "Dia de los muertos" celebrations here in Texas. I thought I'd share some cell phone footage posted by some of the spectators. (sorry for the poor sound and visual quality)

The first one is Dia De Los Muertos Parade in downtown Dallas. I was told 85, 000 were in attendance! I wish I had a video of the grand finale when a Mexiacan folkloric dance group joined us on stage in their authentic attire. They danced perfectly in unison and several people asked if we rehearsed it- but it was completely spontaneous and beautiful. Maybe my most touching musical experiences of my life!

The next event was at a small Mexican bakery in the Oak Cliff section of Dallas. Great crowd and fantastic weather too. For better or worse, you can't see me very well in these videos, but I was playing good old fashioned auto accompaniment on my new Yamaha SX 900.My wife is on vocals, and we had a guitarist and two percussionists.

Dia De Los Muertos is about celebrating the lives of those beloved that we have lost. For this reason, I dedicate these performances to my friend Don Mason. I will be thinking of you my dear old amigo today and forever.

Edited by montunoman (11/02/21 02:16 PM)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache