SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#504069 - 10/14/21 02:29 PM Re: Love my new Bose... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Crossover, I'm not really sure whey they didn't go with a rechargeable system.

Kabinopus, I was a skinny, youngster when I was 17, the cold war was a bit scary, especially when we were cruising the north Atlantic, and we were always on Full Alert, especially when we encountered an unknown ship or aircraft within striking range. It was pretty scary! I was communicating with HAM radio operators in Russia way back in 1952, when I was just 12 years old, and now, with the aid of the internet, I can see and listen your wonderful arrangements. How times have changed. I also have a few Russian/American friends that I met while sailing Chesapeake Bay over the past two decades.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#504070 - 10/15/21 12:11 AM Re: Love my new Bose... [Re: travlin'easy]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Thx Gary,

I was also interested in these hearing aids till I found out they don’t have Bluetooth connectivity….kind of a big deal for me.

Good info. Good review.

#504071 - 10/15/21 09:31 AM Re: Love my new Bose... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Guitpic, my Bose hearing aids use bluetooth to connect directly to my Android smart phone so I can use their app to make or change the settings.

Good luck,

Gary cool

#504072 - 10/15/21 01:53 PM Re: Love my new Bose... [Re: travlin'easy]
guitpic1 Offline

Gary

The connectivity that I’m talking about is the ability to answer/talk on my phone or listen to music on my phone.

I was told that the Boss hearing aids don’t have this capability…???

#504074 - 10/15/21 07:46 PM Re: Love my new Bose... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

I don't know about this. You may want to call Bose customer service and ask them about this.

Today, I swiped down my the top of my smart phone and it revealed that I had 50 percent of my battery level remaining in the hearing aids. This was just prior to 12 noon. At 8 O'clock tonight I was down to 13 percent. The batteries were the ones I installed yesterday. I am really happy with these hearing aids.

Good luck,

Gary cool

#504076 - 10/16/21 05:43 AM Re: Love my new Bose... [Re: travlin'easy]
guitpic1 Offline

I’ve heard nothing but good things about these new hearing aids.

When they become Bluetooth enabled for devices, I think I’ll get a pair.

I did try out Phonak Paradise hearing aids($5,000) for about a month. They were ok but made all my keyboard instrument sounds seem weird.

Sounds like you made a good choice.

#504077 - 10/16/21 09:49 AM Re: Love my new Bose... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

The way the Bose hearing aids are designed males them great for keyboards. The tip that is inside the ear has a wax guard that permits sound to enter the ear through several openings in the wax guard. In my case, I lost much of my high frequency hearing ability, but I can still hear low frequency sounds well. The Bose hearing aid allows all those low frequency sounds to be heard the same as if I didn't have a hearing in in place, while at the same time amplifying those high frequency sounds that I could no longer hear without the assistance of the hearing aids.

Good luck,

Gary

#504078 - 10/16/21 11:41 AM Re: Love my new Bose... [Re: travlin'easy]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Originally Posted By travlin'easy

Kabinopus, I was a skinny, youngster when I was 17, the cold war was a bit scary, especially when we were cruising the north Atlantic, and we were always on Full Alert, especially when we encountered an unknown ship or aircraft within striking range. It was pretty scary! I was communicating with HAM radio operators in Russia way back in 1952, when I was just 12 years old, and now, with the aid of the internet, I can see and listen your wonderful arrangements. How times have changed. I also have a few Russian/American friends that I met while sailing Chesapeake Bay over the past two decades.

All the best,

Gary cool

One may say that this experience gave you courage to sail later by yourself, although that would be a little simplistic assumption :-)

The fact that you tried to communicate with people from other side of the world shows your desire to explore what was out there when you were a kid.

Picturing the events you described I wanted to play some dark and alarmed music, but that wasn’t agreeing with me, so I ended up composing it closer to my usual style, using suitcase piano (Rhodes) which has been my favorite voice for a while now, and my usual slow strings:

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online