lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Free For PSR-SX
Romance Latino
20 styles
13 registrations
51 multipads
1 demo

I believe SZ member, Manual Dorantes (mdorantes) may have worked with Yamaha on this free pack.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#503948 - 10/01/21 04:13 AM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Thanks for letting us know Larry. I’ve been waiting for these!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#503951 - 10/01/21 04:51 PM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
lahawk Offline

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#504025 - 10/09/21 06:29 PM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
montunoman Offline

Hey Larry,

I downloaded the Romance Latino, installed on my SX 900, and it appears like I lost all the other expansion packs. My registrations that used the other expansion packs are now not responding with the correct styles. It a mess! I've downloaded the expansion packs that seem to have disappeared but they aren't showing on my USB thumb drive now when I try to install them on the keyboard. It a total mess! Luckily I don't have a gig until Friday, but I'm so frustrated. I'm not sure what I did wrong. Could you someone help me through this ? Maybe a call , Zoom or something? Sunday evening or Monday morning or afternoon?

sorry to bother you with this, I kind of freaking now. It's embarrassing I messed this up so bad and can't fix it.

#504027 - 10/09/21 10:52 PM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
Kabinopus Online   content

Loc: Russia
Hello Paul; what I can say right now is probably what you already know is that since PSR-S970 Yamaha has its Yamaha Expansion Manager software for computers which makes it possible to install several packages or just some parts of any package, but it means that you have to create a single package of what you want with this software, then you have one file which you can install on the PSR and which will replace all the expansions installed earlier. If I’m not mistaken (and I may), you need to create a single file of all expansions you want, this file should be .PPI , then you can install it.

#504028 - 10/10/21 12:18 AM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway

Hi.

If use PC and YEM and it works like as when install at Genos, then after added pack you have to tick all pacs you want want to have at the keyboard before install.
If it's not a green v on the pack ikon, it will not be installed.
All packs added to YEM will show in the 'YEM window', and if the v's is grey, they will not be added to the keyboard.
The good thing is that all packs now can be downloaded for free here at this site.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#504031 - 10/10/21 05:58 AM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
montunoman Offline

I didn’t know I needed special software. Sounds complicated!. I’ll give it a try tonight when I get home, but my computer is really old and hardly has any memory. Feel so frustrated I messed everything up - I just trying out some new rhythms that I didn’t even need…. The shop I bought this keyboard from is across the country from me and they everything up up perfectly and I screwed it up! I’ll give it another go tonight and hope for the best.

#504032 - 10/10/21 06:40 AM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: montunoman]
Kabinopus Online   content

Loc: Russia
montunoman, well, that's why a lot of musicians don't really enjoy any update or upgrade, any small change leads to lots more of changes. But I think the software you need won't demand a lot of your computer, and unlike it was with PSR-S950 now you are able to have several expansion packs at once.

Addition: also there’s an option within a keyboard to restore all pre-installed packs, supposedly it should make the things as they were when you bought it.

Edited by Kabinopus (10/10/21 06:44 AM)

#504033 - 10/10/21 08:04 AM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: Kabinopus]
lahawk Offline

Paul, you need the Yamaha program YEMinstalled on a computer. It's not difficult, and you can load all packs including the original factory installed packs. Download them here

You never actually lose the original factory installed packs, they are still on your keyboard, but you have to activate them again on the keyboard, so no worries about that.
So if you only want to do that:
menu(2)
Expansion
Restore Pre-Installed Expansion Packs

But if you want to include other packs you'll need the YEM program, download all the packs you want installed on the keyboard, and use the full install method from YEM to a USB

Here is a video that should help

I sent you a PM if you need more help. I'm not an expert, but through trial and error, now find the process easy.

Good luck Paul

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#504034 - 10/10/21 08:50 AM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
LeonB Offline

Loc: Croatia
Paul, you got good advice on returning the Packs that are missing. However, for your registrations to work properly, you need to install Packs in the same order as before deleting. This is determined by the LSB position.
This is not mentioned in the video, and it is very important when you have install more than one Pack.

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/PmqB_FtxapQ?t=115[/video]

Edited by LeonB (10/10/21 08:53 AM)

#504040 - 10/11/21 08:50 AM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: LeonB]
lahawk Offline

Originally Posted By LeonB
Paul, you got good advice on returning the Packs that are missing. However, for your registrations to work properly, you need to install Packs in the same order as before deleting. This is determined by the LSB position.
This is not mentioned in the video, and it is very important when you have install more than one Pack.

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/PmqB_FtxapQ?t=115[/video]

Now that I did not know. Installing Packs in the same order they were deleted can be a guessing game. Yamaha needs a way to save a backup of Expansion Packs so that they can be reloaded in the correct order for registrations to work properly.

I always assumed that registrations were a direct link to styles, sounds, DSP's etc. and would work as long as those styles, sounds, DSP's, etc were available to link to a USB or user memory files. Why should it make any difference when those style packs were reloaded?

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#504042 - 10/11/21 11:17 AM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
montunoman Offline

Yeah Larry, if packs have to in the same order as originally loaded, that sucks ... !

Anyhow, I've downloaded the YEM, and most of the expansion packs that I need, and watched a bunch of videos ...

If I understand correctly the expansion packs should should with the letters "PPF" but mine end with the letters "CPF"

Does this matter? If so, how do I get the file to end with the letters "PPF"

#504045 - 10/11/21 12:33 PM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
montunoman Offline

OK, I got it all worked out now, and I'm ready for my gigs!

Thanks to everyone especially Larry Hawk and Manuel Dorantes who even offered consult me over the phone. Luckily Manuel's video tutorial was clear enough for someone like me, who suffers from " cyberphobia" LOL

#504046 - 10/11/21 12:37 PM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: montunoman]
LeonB Offline

Originally Posted By lahawk

Now that I did not know. Installing Packs in the same order they were deleted can be a guessing game. Yamaha needs a way to save a backup of Expansion Packs so that they can be reloaded in the correct order for registrations to work properly.

I always assumed that registrations were a direct link to styles, sounds, DSP's etc. and would work as long as those styles, sounds, DSP's, etc were available to link to a USB or user memory files. Why should it make any difference when those style packs were reloaded?

I agree that Yamaha must make it easier to Backup what we have in YEM. But there is a way to do it in a workaround, I explained in a video I linked in a previous post.

When we enter a new package in YEM, it is inserted into the first free bank (LSB). If there is no PACK in YEM, then they are installed in the order in which we enter them - 000, 001, 002 ... This order is important if we used Registrations that call some content, Voice, Style, Multipad ... Let's say Registration # 1 calls MyStyle01 located in the PackCasper that is installed in the first position (LSB = 000). And we deleted PackCasper and entered a new PackLeonB. PackLeonB will be positioned at LSB = 000. Registration # 1 cannot find MyStyle now, Registration is invalid. We now insert PackCasper but its 000 location is no longer free and it is placed on the first blank LSB.
I hope I was able to explain why LSB is important. The position of the Pack can also be changed later, here is how.

Change Bank select LSB

#504048 - 10/11/21 01:15 PM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The devil is in the details… 👹😂

There are a lot of keyboards that can fool you into thinking that they SHOULD be tracking the actual content, but are only tracking location slots.

We get so used to computers being able to track every file by name and type etc., but sadly that functionality has made it to very few keyboards. So when you move stuff around, insert stuff (hence mess with the order of a list) and do restores and backup, just be aware that you are potentially breaking whatever registration system your keyboard uses….

Keeping a log of what you do goes a long way to helping you recover from things like this. In ten years time, how you going to remember in what order you installed your expansion packs?! 🤪🎹😎

#504049 - 10/11/21 01:29 PM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: Diki]
LeonB Offline

You should know that the names of the Packs we see installed in the keyboard are not the same as when they are stacked in YEM. If we look at Voices, the middle number indicates LSB.
MSB-LSB-PCG

The layout of all Packages is easiest to memorize with capture screen. Then we are sure where what is.

LSB Print Screen

#504125 - 10/25/21 09:49 PM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello Montunoman

I am sorry that I just readed your predicamente, but, please, empty your Private messages, I wanted to write to you and also to exchange phones....but, I could not because your PM box is full....

Thank also to Larry, because of him, I became aware of your situation.....
I hope the people that install this pack can use it not only to play Latino music, you actually can use it to play any ballads or Boleros....Rhumbas as some people refer to those.

And please, if you use the Yamaha Expansion Manager and add several expansion packs, to save it into a Install file, PLEASE Only use CPI.

I hope all of you enjoy the Romance Latino.

I also want to make CLEAR, I am just part of a Great Team of Yamaha Corporation of America.....Chris Anthony has way more credit than I do....his Genius and talent, as the same for Ben Israel, etc....

Manuel Dorantes

#504126 - 10/25/21 10:54 PM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: mdorantes]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By mdorantes

Manuel,
I'm very grateful for those styles, I simply love to play along with it! 🎵🎹🎵
Many thanks to everyone involved in the production! 👍
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#504175 - 10/29/21 05:09 PM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Larry , thank you for the info on the pack. Have a bit of catching up to do.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#504179 - 10/30/21 10:47 AM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: rikkisbears]
lahawk Offline

Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Hi Larry , thank you for the info on the pack. Have a bit of catching up to do.

Sure Rikki, and good to hear from you again. Hope everything is ok.

Originally Posted By mdorantes
Manuel Dorantes

Yes definitely enjoying this pack Manny. Well done. And don't overlook the multi pads that are really good, not only with this pack, but with other Latino styles and registrations.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#504181 - 10/30/21 01:07 PM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Larry,
Personally I’m fine thank you, just slowly getting back into my music hobby. Thank you for asking.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#504194 - 11/01/21 04:17 PM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
mdorantes Offline

One suggestion....

Please try to explore the Romance Latino Multipads, thre are some that are melodic, some are chords, some Percusion one shot, others are percussion in loop.....
Tip, to save it into a Registration,in the Multipads area, press and hold the *Select¨ and then one or more of the multipads you wish to Syncronize and those automatically start when you press your chord on the left hand...and save it into the Registration.

ENjoy...

Manuel

#504207 - 11/04/21 10:21 PM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
mdorantes Offline

Hello friends

I am posting something that may help to some arranger friends that may have a Yamaha PSR S970/975/775/770, PSR SX900/SX700/SX600 Genos/Tyros5 with flash memory installed FL1024/512.
The links are, one to download the Romance Latino Expansion pack, other to download the Yamaha Expansion Manager, and other for the Video TUtorial (Spanish eith English Subtitles) Step by step.

To download the program for PC/Windows
https://europe.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/yem_win.html

For Mac
https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/yem_win_67058.html

FOr the Romance Latino Pack
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/contents/keyboards/vse/index.html

For many other packs
https://shop.usa.yamaha.com/en/downloada..._list_mode=grid

For the Tutorial, I made this one on the PSR S975. very similar to the PSR SX series, the only thing is that instead of FUNCTION, press MENU and go to MENU 2 or page 2 of the MENU...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MshiKEpDcU&t=5s&ab_channel=ManuelDorantes

If you see that the Romance Latino reads for the PSR SX 900, is also compatible with GENOS, Tyros 5

If you see for the PSR SX 700, that is compatible with PSR S975/970/670

And the PSR SX 600 well, fot that model and also the PSR S670.

PLEASE with you finish putting all the packs and getting ready to make the INSTALATION PACK, use ONLY the CPI, DO NOT USE CQI repeat, DO NOT, DO NOT use CQI, Only CPI, other wise, you will get a message that can not be install...etc or something similar.

I hope it helps

My 2 Cents

Manuel Dorantes

#504211 - 11/05/21 09:48 AM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: mdorantes]
lahawk Offline

Thanks Manny,
Nice simple to follow instructions, including the video. Well done.

Note:
Expansion packs not only include styles, but also voices that can be used with any style. just by clicking on Expansion/User under Voice.

And some packs include registrations ready to go.

Don't forget multi pads that are included in some packs. Packs with multi pads, like packs with voices, can be used with any style, works the same way with on factory installed pads and voices.

smile

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online