SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#504161 - 10/29/21 04:28 AM New Dexibell/Roland Arranger KB possible Webinar
Dnj Offline

Here is video Webinar that Dexibell put on YouTube.. It has a segment where they talk about taking over Roland Italy facilities with 13 engineers (35 yr experience average from Roland). He talks about the continued professional arranger from the G70, that they are working on.. It is an audio based engine.

#504163 - 10/29/21 07:12 AM Re: New Dexibell/Roland Arranger KB possible Webinar [Re: Dnj]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
That would be awesome. An "updated G70" sounds great.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#504165 - 10/29/21 07:51 AM Re: New Dexibell/Roland Arranger KB possible Webinar [Re: Dnj]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Heck, I'll be happy if the next generation of Dexibell arrangers uses Roland's "Chord Intelligence" chord recognition. As far as I'm concerned it's the best one out there; it would be a shame if it were lost to history. Besides, I'm too old to learn a different one! :-)

#504168 - 10/29/21 10:49 AM Re: New Dexibell/Roland Arranger KB possible Webinar [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Tried to find the section about arrangers but wasn’t really willing to listen to nearly two hours to find it! Can you point me to the time stamp?

If Dexibell are trying to go all Ketron on us, I’m not sure that’s the way forward. While audio loops are a quick fix, they lock you into an uneditable sound and prevent you shaping your sound to be individual, IMHO.

With much larger ROM sizes getting cheaper and cheaper, even Yamaha have kind of stepped back from drum loops and simply gone to MIDI drum kits with far more articulations and round robin triggering, and it pays off handsomely. Yamaha Revo styles sound as lively as audio, but can be edited extensively.

For Dexibell to trail Yamaha at this point seems a bit unwise.

And don’t get me started again about guitar loops! If you’re going to only have maj, min and 7th loops and then go MIDI for dims, aug’s, 9ths, 11ths etc, either they are going to stick out like a sore thumb, or if they don’t stick out like a sore thumb, why use the audio in the first place? Once again, you get locked into one guitar sound with no ability to edit it.

I’m glad that Roland’s Italian team are still working, but after decades of watching them under Roland’s direction trail Yamaha and Korg badly in key elements like multipads and samplers etc. (despite having an awesome basic sound and OS), it’s sad that they seem to be continuing this trend. IMHO, audio loops are a dead end, and it appears Yamaha and Korg agree…

#504171 - 10/29/21 12:35 PM Re: New Dexibell/Roland Arranger KB possible Webinar [Re: Dnj]
Crossover Offline

It‘s around 1h 20min.

#504176 - 10/30/21 02:15 AM Re: New Dexibell/Roland Arranger KB possible Webinar [Re: Dnj]
deb Offline

Loc: netherlands
This message is an old message from more than one year back .

#504183 - 10/30/21 05:28 PM Re: New Dexibell/Roland Arranger KB possible Webinar [Re: Diki]
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By Diki
Can you point me to the time stamp?

Try 1:29 wink

#504188 - 10/31/21 03:57 PM Re: New Dexibell/Roland Arranger KB possible Webinar [Re: Dnj]
Crossover Offline

All he is talking about is new audio-based patterns for the Xmure app. It‘s not about a new hardware arranger, is it?

#504190 - 11/01/21 08:34 AM Re: New Dexibell/Roland Arranger KB possible Webinar [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
So, they are talking about getting into Band in a Box country. Non realtime audio backing chunks. This guy seems too focused on what’s ’trendy’ ignoring what’s ’classic’…. Sorry, but this all feels a little completely disconnected with what people actually use.

If you are into loop and chunk music creation, you already have the tools to do this, far more mature, and far more content. This rather sounds like a paywall money grab for tablet bedroom jockeys.

I hate to point out the obvious, but Yamaha and Korg are making good money doing the very thing he says is ‘outdated’. As hardware gets more powerful, as ROM data explodes, the gap between audio and MIDI based arrangers gets smaller and smaller when used for classic pop music. Looks like Dexibell have no interest in anything other than leveraging old hardware for ‘home’ arrangers, and then tilting at windmills taking on Ableton Live and the software world.

The thing about ‘trendy’ is, it’s a very short term window of sale ability. But a great arranger with a few GREAT kits will always be useful. After all, go and see a great live band, how many kits does the drummer play? Yep…

One.

Sure, he might go from sticks to rods or brushes, but a great drummer can squeeze a night’s worth of sounds from that one kit.

Dexibell are focusing too much on ‘trendy’, and not enough on a product that will have lasting value. It’s so weird, there is all this focus nowadays on emulating classic keyboards, B3’s, Rhodes’, classic synths, string machines etc., but a great drum kit? Not ‘trendy’ enough! 😤🥺

Maybe I’ve been too harsh on Roland Japan in the past, blaming them for some of the obvious dunderhead decisions the arranger division has taken over the last 20 years or so. But listening to this guy, quite honestly, it’s hard to lay the blame anywhere else than in Italy if this man is anything to go by…

#504192 - 11/01/21 09:11 AM Re: New Dexibell/Roland Arranger KB possible Webinar [Re: Crossover]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Originally Posted By Crossover
All he is talking about is new audio-based patterns for the Xmure app. It‘s not about a new hardware arranger, is it?

Unfortunately, I believe you are correct. I thought maybe it was a new Roland type based arranger, but it appears to be only new audio patterns for use with an app. It's a little confusing on how one can, if even possible, use those pattern styles with any current keyboard.

Originally Posted By Diki
So, they are talking about getting into Band in a Box country. Non realtime audio backing chunks. This guy seems too focused on what’s ’trendy’ ignoring what’s ’classic’…. Sorry, but this all feels a little completely disconnected with what people actually use.

Agree Diki, It's probably something, especially the average arranger player, would not be interested in.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online