lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Free For PSR-SX
Romance Latino
20 styles
13 registrations
51 multipads
1 demo

I believe SZ member, Manual Dorantes (mdorantes) may have worked with Yamaha on this free pack.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#503948 - 10/01/21 04:13 AM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Thanks for letting us know Larry. I’ve been waiting for these!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#503951 - 10/01/21 04:51 PM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
lahawk Offline

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#504025 - 10/09/21 06:29 PM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
montunoman Offline

Hey Larry,

I downloaded the Romance Latino, installed on my SX 900, and it appears like I lost all the other expansion packs. My registrations that used the other expansion packs are now not responding with the correct styles. It a mess! I've downloaded the expansion packs that seem to have disappeared but they aren't showing on my USB thumb drive now when I try to install them on the keyboard. It a total mess! Luckily I don't have a gig until Friday, but I'm so frustrated. I'm not sure what I did wrong. Could you someone help me through this ? Maybe a call , Zoom or something? Sunday evening or Monday morning or afternoon?

sorry to bother you with this, I kind of freaking now. It's embarrassing I messed this up so bad and can't fix it.

#504027 - 10/09/21 10:52 PM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Hello Paul; what I can say right now is probably what you already know is that since PSR-S970 Yamaha has its Yamaha Expansion Manager software for computers which makes it possible to install several packages or just some parts of any package, but it means that you have to create a single package of what you want with this software, then you have one file which you can install on the PSR and which will replace all the expansions installed earlier. If I’m not mistaken (and I may), you need to create a single file of all expansions you want, this file should be .PPI , then you can install it.

#504028 - 10/10/21 12:18 AM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway

Hi.

If use PC and YEM and it works like as when install at Genos, then after added pack you have to tick all pacs you want want to have at the keyboard before install.
If it's not a green v on the pack ikon, it will not be installed.
All packs added to YEM will show in the 'YEM window', and if the v's is grey, they will not be added to the keyboard.
The good thing is that all packs now can be downloaded for free here at this site.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#504031 - 10/10/21 05:58 AM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
montunoman Offline

I didn’t know I needed special software. Sounds complicated!. I’ll give it a try tonight when I get home, but my computer is really old and hardly has any memory. Feel so frustrated I messed everything up - I just trying out some new rhythms that I didn’t even need…. The shop I bought this keyboard from is across the country from me and they everything up up perfectly and I screwed it up! I’ll give it another go tonight and hope for the best.

#504032 - 10/10/21 06:40 AM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: montunoman]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
montunoman, well, that's why a lot of musicians don't really enjoy any update or upgrade, any small change leads to lots more of changes. But I think the software you need won't demand a lot of your computer, and unlike it was with PSR-S950 now you are able to have several expansion packs at once.

Addition: also there’s an option within a keyboard to restore all pre-installed packs, supposedly it should make the things as they were when you bought it.

Edited by Kabinopus (10/10/21 06:44 AM)

#504033 - 10/10/21 08:04 AM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: Kabinopus]
lahawk Offline

Paul, you need the Yamaha program YEMinstalled on a computer. It's not difficult, and you can load all packs including the original factory installed packs. Download them here

You never actually lose the original factory installed packs, they are still on your keyboard, but you have to activate them again on the keyboard, so no worries about that.
So if you only want to do that:
menu(2)
Expansion
Restore Pre-Installed Expansion Packs

But if you want to include other packs you'll need the YEM program, download all the packs you want installed on the keyboard, and use the full install method from YEM to a USB

Here is a video that should help

I sent you a PM if you need more help. I'm not an expert, but through trial and error, now find the process easy.

Good luck Paul

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#504034 - 10/10/21 08:50 AM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
LeonB Online   content

Loc: Croatia
Paul, you got good advice on returning the Packs that are missing. However, for your registrations to work properly, you need to install Packs in the same order as before deleting. This is determined by the LSB position.
This is not mentioned in the video, and it is very important when you have install more than one Pack.

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/PmqB_FtxapQ?t=115[/video]

Edited by LeonB (10/10/21 08:53 AM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online