SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#503849 - 09/23/21 12:41 AM Groovyband Live! Realtime arranger MODX/Montage
groovyband.live Offline

We are pleased to announce the availability of a new edition of our arranger software.

Now everybody can transform his/her Yamaha MODX/Montage synth into a full fledged state of the art arranger workstation. With no compromises.

A few highlights:

* The software runs on any Windows 10 64 bit PC (desktop, laptop, tablet). Full native support for touch and high resolution screens.
* It connects via USB to the synth and drives its sound engine via midi.
* State of the art features.
* 1800+ custom developed AWM2 and FMX sounds optimized for arranger use. Massive use of available DSPs.
* Styles specifically developed to exploit all the program features.
* HW arrangers-like experience: switch it on and play, no adjustments/settings needed, everything sounds good out of the box. You can even use many synth's front panel buttons/knobs.
* Competitive price.

Further info @ www.groovyband.live.

You can listen to audio demos, read the online manual and download a fully functional demo (so that you can try it at your own pace and compare it with whatever you want before you buy).

We also have a completely new fully responsive and modern website. The user manual has been completely rewritten and is now perfectly usable from any screen size (from smartphones to desktops).

Check also our Realtime arranger for XG keyboards.

#503874 - 09/27/21 10:18 AM Re: Groovyband Live! Realtime arranger MODX/Montage [Re: groovyband.live]
dud Offline

Loc: israel
the demos sounds terrible

#503875 - 09/27/21 10:35 AM Re: Groovyband Live! Realtime arranger MODX/Montage [Re: groovyband.live]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You need to check your website with an iPad… none of the demos are playing.

#503876 - 09/27/21 11:55 AM Re: Groovyband Live! Realtime arranger MODX/Montage [Re: Diki]
groovyband.live Offline

Sorry your device cannot play the demos.

We have developed our site following recognized web standards and checked it against many browsers/devices (PC, tablet, smartphones) running Windows 10 and Android. The site has also been additionally validated using Google's and other companies' checking tools.

We cannot check against Apple devices since our software house does not develop for those devices and hence we have none.

We can not even help you troubleshooting your problem since we have no experience with those devices, and the little we know is that they are well known to use non-standard proprietary solutions (which might not play well with those used by everybody else).

All we can advice is to try to use a Windows 10 or Android device. Our site is fully responsive and hence is perfectly usable on any screen size (from mobile to desktop).

#503877 - 09/27/21 12:18 PM Re: Groovyband Live! Realtime arranger MODX/Montage [Re: groovyband.live]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
The demos didn’t work on my iPhone either.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#503901 - 09/28/21 09:35 AM Re: Groovyband Live! Realtime arranger MODX/Montage [Re: groovyband.live]
Diki Offline

Lol… that’s not exactly confidence inspiring and, to be quite frank, pretty myopic when you can’t be bothered to even get your website compatible for a pretty huge number of potential customers.

Let’s be frank… even this site has no trouble hosting music demos that can be played on all platforms. Personally, I’m not the slightest bit interested in a piece of software that the developers couldn’t give a rats that their site is not up to modern standards, and their only comment, rather than ‘Sorry, we’ll look into it’ is ‘Too bad, loser, go buy an Android phone or tablet!’.

One only wonders if this attitude will permeate future needed fixes in the software itself should future hardware break it…

A note to whoever is in charge at Groovyband…. Whoever is doing your PR needs lessons!

#503902 - 09/28/21 09:51 AM Re: Groovyband Live! Realtime arranger MODX/Montage [Re: groovyband.live]
Ingres Offline

Loc: FWI
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems
Just saying ...
Businesswise, it's a good choice.

EDIT: Fixed URL. Please check URL’s for extraneous data at the end, it blows up the line width…

Edited by Diki (09/29/21 08:45 AM)

#503905 - 09/28/21 11:28 AM Re: Groovyband Live! Realtime arranger MODX/Montage [Re: groovyband.live]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Okay, so longtime SZ'ers know I'm a big fan of Diki, both for his knowledge AND his straight talk; HOWEVER, having read Groovyband's explanation and Diki's response, I felt the criticism was ummm, less tactful than it could have been. That said, the demo's played fine on my PC....my problem is that I REALLY didn't like the demo's. I wouldn't even install a free copy. Sorry Groovyband, it's the quality of the product (or at least my perception of it), not the platform for the demo's that was a turnoff for me. Just my $.02 worth.

chas

#503915 - 09/28/21 08:57 PM Re: Groovyband Live! Realtime arranger MODX/Montage [Re: groovyband.live]
Diki Offline

I just call it how I see it. I rarely if ever have problems playing demos on Apple devices from most PROFESSIONAL software sites.

Some people make excuses, some people fix their problems.

I know which I’d prefer in charge of a product I might use…

#505164 - 03/15/22 03:19 AM Re: Groovyband Live! Realtime arranger MODX/Montage [Re: groovyband.live]
groovyband.live Offline

There is a video review of Groovyband Live! made by a professional musician and composer (maestro Paolo Gambino) with more than 2000 concerts in his career.

It is in italian, but you can activate YouTube's automatic subtitles (in every language), not perfect, but workable. And after all at the end of the day what matters most is the music.

Hope you enjoy it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online