SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#503441 - 08/03/21 05:34 PM Style Converter 4 BK Series CD
Dengizich Offline

I bought my BK-9 used, it never came with this Style Converter CD.

Is there anyone who might have it?

#503442 - 08/03/21 09:41 PM Re: Style Converter 4 BK Series CD [Re: Dengizich]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Are you sure the Style Converter software came with the BK-9? My BK-9 was also purchased used (but very pristine), and it did not come with software. You might be thinking of the BK-7m, because that module lacks an on-board Style Composer, and it has a very minimal display that would make on-board editing difficult.

My advice is don't waste your time looking for the Style Converter or learning to use it. I messed with Style Converter 3 when the Prelude first came out (user style creation was introduced with firmware Version 2.0), and found it very bare-bones with minimal features or user guidance -- an undercooked piece of software. Instead, I advise you to use a MIDI sequencer on your PC, in conjunction with the on-board Style Composer on your BK-9 to convert snippets of your favorite MIDI song to a full-fledged style.

No matter what tools you have, this is a daunting task. Seriously, the easiest solution would be to MIDI your BK-9 to a Yamaha, because they probably already have a style reminiscent of the song in question!

Edited by TedS (08/03/21 09:43 PM)

#503445 - 08/04/21 09:10 AM Re: Style Converter 4 BK Series CD [Re: Dengizich]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
If I'm not totally wrong, it was the BK-5 that had a styleconvert disk in the box?
I've tried, but never succeded get any copy.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#503446 - 08/04/21 11:25 AM Re: Style Converter 4 BK Series CD [Re: Dengizich]
Dengizich Offline

Johny might be right, it was in the package with the BK-5, but I thought maybe they supplied it with the BK-9 series also, maybe they didn't. Thank you though.

#503452 - 08/05/21 08:33 AM Re: Style Converter 4 BK Series CD [Re: Dengizich]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
As far as I know, the BK-9 never came with any style conversion software in any market in the world. The last Roland to have any conversion software was the Prelude.

#503580 - 08/19/21 06:54 AM Re: Style Converter 4 BK Series CD [Re: Dengizich]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
And the Prelude’s software wasn’t a style ‘translator’, it didn’t take say Yamaha or Korg styles and convert them to Roland. It was simply a utility for assembling SMF’s into a Roland style format. You can do that with a BK-9 internally…

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online