SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#503222 - 06/30/21 05:57 PM Where to purchase songs and styles for Audya 5
matt07ie Offline

Loc: IRELAND
OK I have heard of Creatsongstyles.com read a post from 2012, so now 2021 is it still in operation and can anyone say anything about this,
also read posts in relation to no problem getting styles for yamaha keyboards apparently splashed all over the Internet, but for ketron Audya 5 there's nothing, I think the ketron auyda 5 is a great arranger, is there anywhere that make song styles by request and where is the best to purchase styles, if I had known its net to near impossible to get songs and styles for this keyboard, I would not have bought it, but yes it is a super arranger, so why is there not a vast library of material out there, I could be wrong, correct me if so and please help!

#503224 - 07/01/21 01:52 AM Re: Where to purchase songs and styles for Audya 5 [Re: matt07ie]
fozzie Offline

#503225 - 07/01/21 02:09 AM Re: Where to purchase songs and styles for Audya 5 [Re: matt07ie]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Look here >> https://www.d-o-o.de/catalog_by_keytype.php?keytype=7%2C19&&lang=en

I keys

#503227 - 07/01/21 08:16 AM Re: Where to purchase songs and styles for Audya 5 [Re: matt07ie]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
One of the issues with the Ketron is that the factory styles use audio drum tracks. This means that translations from other brands’ styles will always compare poorly to the wonderful audio track factory styles of the Ketron, because they will have to use the built-in midi drum kits, not recordings of real drummers!

It is a double edged sword, if you want consistency through your show you either have to use all audio drum track styles, or all midi drum track styles, or you end up with some of your songs sounding amazing, and others well, not so amazing!

Personally, I think audio track drum tracks (and guitar tracks, bass tracks etc.) is a dead end because of the content issue. Nowadays, some of the larger VST drum library’s are capable of making well recorded midi drum tracks sound like they were audio. Even some of the better Midi drum kits in Roland and the new Yamaha Revo kits can get very close to fooling you it is a real drummer, especially if a real drummer plays a midi drum kit to create the drumming in the first place.

This naturally means it is a piece of cake to translate a style from another manufacturer to those drum kits… Well, not EXACTLY a piece of cake! LOL, but definitely easier than creating an audio track with your drummer, drum kit, microphones and studio of choice!

Audio drums is a shortcut, but a shortcut with limitations. Stick a couple of GB of well recorded drum samples being triggered by an electronic drum kit, and you end up with something almost indistinguishable, but without the limitations. Want a different snare? Done. Want to move a kick pattern so it matches a syncopated bass line? Done. Want to add a subtle amount of swing to a straight beat (or vice versa)? Done.

I love Ketron’s audio drums. But not at the price of losing all editing ability or having my third party content fare poorly against them…

#503229 - 07/01/21 06:47 PM Re: Where to purchase songs and styles for Audya 5 [Re: Diki]
matt07ie Offline

Loc: IRELAND
Thank you very much for your time writing that last message, I'm after reading it about 3 times over, you mention Audio drums is a shortcut, eg want different snare kick etc, do you mean open a style abut instead of using drumkit within this style, use an Audya real kit in place of the midi,
I'm sure I have seen something about this topic on YouTube, but no idea where,
I did purchase styles from musicman on ebayand being midi drum kit actually sounds really good, but in all fairness you can't beat the real audya kit
you know I have to say I did read online, not saying where that the Ketron Audya 5 is a timeless updatable arranger,
But yet all the talk is about SD90 etc and Audya 5 seems to be getting put on the back burner which is said to be a Timeless arranger, I going to try put audio drums on one of my midi now for the first time ans see whow this goes, then is it possible to save this new file as a new style and create new folder and pop my all my edited styles in to the new folder on my Audya 5 which is now updated to the latest software o.s 54 thanks again for your help

Edited by matt07ie (07/01/21 06:49 PM)

#503232 - 07/02/21 05:05 AM Re: Where to purchase songs and styles for Audya 5 [Re: matt07ie]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Hello.
Here is a demo with my new Audio Style for my new PenDrive for Audya & SD9/90 that will be released after few months. Later will be released and for Yamaha Genos also.
Thanks
https://soundcloud.com/sokratis-1974/ketron-audya-new-audio-style-rock-chacha-1-by-sokratis1974

#503235 - 07/02/21 11:19 AM Re: Where to purchase songs and styles for Audya 5 [Re: matt07ie]
Diki Offline

Although you can use a kit instead of the audio loop, it boils down to how GOOD the kit is. And, let’s face it, if the kit sounded as good as the loop, they wouldn’t bother with loops in the first place!

Modern VSTi drum libraries have far more velocity levels, round robins and left hand/right hand samples, and close and room mics. Yes, it’s data intensive, but far less than a piano library or orchestral library, so still within the realms of possibility for a hardware keyboard. The Revo drums in the Genos are starting to show the way (round robins and far more hi hat articulations, for instance) and I think this is the future.

Many of the Ketron’s audio styles seem to share the same basic kit, which is a good thing in one way, leading to good consistency with the styles, but it also begs the question, if so many styles use the same kit, why not ONE super-sampled MIDI kit that could sound damn close to the loop, allowing you the freedom to edit the style’s drum and percussion tracks?

And, if one super kit, why not two or three, a modern kit, a vintage kit, and a brushes/rods kit?

One of my favorite thing to do to pretty up-front in your face styles is to replace the rock kit with brushes, the bass with an upright, the rock guitars with acoustics, all of a sudden you’ve got something that still works, but won’t roar at your audience, just purr quietly! It’s amazing how much further your style selection goes if you can free yourself from the ROM style’s sounds!

#503381 - 07/27/21 09:08 AM Re: Where to purchase songs and styles for Audya 5 [Re: matt07ie]
Sarepaul Offline

Loc: Poland
Sokratis 1974 - You create professional styles. Are they already available on Audya?

#503385 - 07/27/21 11:42 AM Re: Where to purchase songs and styles for Audya 5 [Re: matt07ie]
Diki Offline

I think one of the issues with semi-professional users trying to sell Ketron audio drum styles is that, unless they have access to a great kit, a great studio and a great drummer, they are likely to try using a live loop library from a commercial product, and unfortunately the license for those things usually only covers being used in commercial music productions, not as the basis for another software product like a drum groove software or arranger styles.

I would imagine, to protect themselves from possible lawsuits for copyright infringement, the style producer would need to negotiate a usage fee with the original loop creator. That’s likely a hassle, and possibly more expensive than it’s worth given the tiny market for Ketron styles…

#503438 - 08/03/21 12:03 AM Re: Where to purchase songs and styles for Audya 5 [Re: Sarepaul]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Originally Posted By Sarepaul
Sokratis 1974 - You create professional styles. Are they already available on Audya?

Hello Sarepaul. Not yet. I'm working on something new for Audya series and SD9/90 also.
It will still take several months to complete.
All this new Audio styles include new audio drums.
Here is a new demo https://soundcloud.com/sokratis-1974/ketron-sd9-smooth-fusion-new-audio-style-by-sokratis-genwave
Thanks.

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (08/03/21 05:23 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online