SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#503193 - 06/25/21 08:17 AM Footswitch pedal board
matt07ie Offline

Loc: IRELAND
Hi, it's the 13 footswitch unit
on my Audya 5 arranger, how do i find where to get into the page to edit as to what I would like each foot switch to operate when pressed,
Is it a simple procedure
Thank you in advance

#503195 - 06/25/21 08:38 AM Re: Footswitch pedal board [Re: matt07ie]
freakman Offline

Hi,

easy.

Attachments
Footswitch Audya.JPG

#503198 - 06/25/21 09:21 PM Re: Footswitch pedal board [Re: freakman]
matt07ie Offline

Loc: IRELAND
Thanks a million for that, it was staring me right in the face all along, I have never used the pedal board on the Audya since I got it,
I'm just updating the entire setup process, for when live music returns, tonight I got each switch to perform the task I wanted thanks to you, also set up my Dynacord p5 and got the shock of my life, the sound was total crap, I edited styles and volumes using my studio monitors and sounded super, but this is not what I use on stage, so a lesson learned, drums were brittle and piercing and bass not great,
Picked bass I used, for venues maybe the warm bass would be better and acoustic 2 kit, it's 5am and still working away, i don't know maybe this should be my next seperate post
I'm trying to get best possible sounds so that when Th PA is cranked up drums are even cross the board

#503200 - 06/26/21 02:51 PM Re: Footswitch pedal board [Re: matt07ie]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I would have a long hard think about where, or even whether, you place potentially show-stopping functions like start/stop, reset, breaks etc. unless you are VERY good at foot motion without looking at them…

My system with the Roland FC-7 is to put the showstoppers at the far left end, and all the stuff I use all the time at the right, so if it’s at my feet with a sustain pedal to the right, my leg has to travel the furthest to get to the scary stuff!

I used to play organs with foot pedals, and even with that experience, I found that if a showstopper was next to a commonly used switch, occasionally I ended up triggering it. Not good!

There’s a good case to be made that two different sets of footswitches plugged into a combiner for the final Ketron input allows you to place the real showstoppers COMPLETELY away from the commonly used functions like variation selection, fills etc. and virtually eliminate the odds of hitting them.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online