SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#502515 - 03/26/21 12:46 PM (OT) Old, tubby guys like me still have a shot
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I was flying to a farm I own when the pilot played a vocal version of Everything Must Change by Tommy Korbork. MAN! I don't know what country he's from...how old he is...anything. All I know is HE'S FABULOUS!

The pilot had the C/D jacket, so he looks like a lot of the members here, age-wise.

The pilot says he's easy to find on the net....several YouTube postings.

There's STILL a shot for us, guys!

Russ

#502516 - 03/26/21 11:53 PM Re: (OT) Old, tubby guys like me still have a shot [Re: captain Russ]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
There are some attributes I don’t usually have in my minimalistic life, like a farm, a plane or a pilot. It’s like stuff from books or TV to me. But as for the age thing I believe that these numbers people tend to focus on are rather often misleading. There are some 70 y.o. singers in Russia who look and behave young on stage, keep doing concerts. While I can feel too lazy to leave my sofa being twice younger. Well, at least I wrote this message, this should get me some credit for today :-)

#502518 - 03/27/21 02:09 AM Re: (OT) Old, tubby guys like me still have a shot [Re: Kabinopus]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
While I can feel too lazy to leave my sofa being twice younger. Well, at least I wrote this message, this should get me some credit for today :-) [/quote]

I certainly will. I always enjoy your thoughtful contributions.

Bernie

#502520 - 03/27/21 05:10 AM Re: (OT) Old, tubby guys like me still have a shot [Re: Bernie9]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Bernie9

I certainly will. I always enjoy your thoughtful contributions.

+1, or as many also use to say: Ditto! 👍
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#502523 - 03/27/21 07:24 AM Re: (OT) Old, tubby guys like me still have a shot [Re: captain Russ]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Thanks for that interesting story Russ.

I believe you may be referring to Tommy Körberg, (Wikipedia) a Swedish singer, and you are correct, he's fabulous. Here is a You Tube Link to some of his recordings

Here he is performing "Everything Must Change" with Sarah Dawn Finer

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#502525 - 03/27/21 10:13 AM Re: (OT) Old, tubby guys like me still have a shot [Re: lahawk]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Larry, thank you, thank you. Beautiful music and fantastic lyrics.
Hmmmmmm, John C.

#502526 - 03/27/21 12:34 PM Re: (OT) Old, tubby guys like me still have a shot [Re: bruno123]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Thanks, Larry. I play both of these numbers every night I can get by with it.

Sometime, I'd like to start a thread about what certain songs mean, both to the individual playing it(them) and what kind of socioeconomic reference it(they)contain (s).

There have been times I wanted to hang it up (the music business), only to run into a tune that energized and inspired (Masquerade, Easy to be Hard, Pieces of April, What are You Doing The Rest of Your Life, That's All, When Sunny Gets Blue, Nature Boy, Suicide is Painless (from MASH), Everything Must Change, Four, All in Love is Fair (Michael McDonald version)and much more.

Each tune has a personal place in my life and in my progression in the music business.

What a lucky M/F I have been.

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (03/27/21 02:25 PM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online