(OT) Old, tubby guys like me still have a shot

Posted by: captain Russ

(OT) Old, tubby guys like me still have a shot - 03/26/21 12:46 PM

I was flying to a farm I own when the pilot played a vocal version of Everything Must Change by Tommy Korbork. MAN! I don't know what country he's from...how old he is...anything. All I know is HE'S FABULOUS!

The pilot had the C/D jacket, so he looks like a lot of the members here, age-wise.

The pilot says he's easy to find on the net....several YouTube postings.

There's STILL a shot for us, guys!

Russ
Posted by: Kabinopus

Re: (OT) Old, tubby guys like me still have a shot - 03/26/21 11:53 PM

There are some attributes I don’t usually have in my minimalistic life, like a farm, a plane or a pilot. It’s like stuff from books or TV to me. But as for the age thing I believe that these numbers people tend to focus on are rather often misleading. There are some 70 y.o. singers in Russia who look and behave young on stage, keep doing concerts. While I can feel too lazy to leave my sofa being twice younger. Well, at least I wrote this message, this should get me some credit for today :-)
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: (OT) Old, tubby guys like me still have a shot - 03/27/21 02:09 AM

While I can feel too lazy to leave my sofa being twice younger. Well, at least I wrote this message, this should get me some credit for today :-) [/quote]

I certainly will. I always enjoy your thoughtful contributions.

Bernie
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: (OT) Old, tubby guys like me still have a shot - 03/27/21 05:10 AM

Originally Posted By Bernie9

I certainly will. I always enjoy your thoughtful contributions.

+1, or as many also use to say: Ditto! 👍
Posted by: lahawk

Re: (OT) Old, tubby guys like me still have a shot - 03/27/21 07:24 AM

Thanks for that interesting story Russ.

I believe you may be referring to Tommy Körberg, (Wikipedia) a Swedish singer, and you are correct, he's fabulous. Here is a You Tube Link to some of his recordings

Here he is performing "Everything Must Change" with Sarah Dawn Finer

Posted by: bruno123

Re: (OT) Old, tubby guys like me still have a shot - 03/27/21 10:13 AM

Larry, thank you, thank you. Beautiful music and fantastic lyrics.
Hmmmmmm, John C.
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: (OT) Old, tubby guys like me still have a shot - 03/27/21 12:34 PM

Thanks, Larry. I play both of these numbers every night I can get by with it.

Sometime, I'd like to start a thread about what certain songs mean, both to the individual playing it(them) and what kind of socioeconomic reference it(they)contain (s).

There have been times I wanted to hang it up (the music business), only to run into a tune that energized and inspired (Masquerade, Easy to be Hard, Pieces of April, What are You Doing The Rest of Your Life, That's All, When Sunny Gets Blue, Nature Boy, Suicide is Painless (from MASH), Everything Must Change, Four, All in Love is Fair (Michael McDonald version)and much more.

Each tune has a personal place in my life and in my progression in the music business.

What a lucky M/F I have been.

Russ