SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#502482 - 03/16/21 03:30 PM Temporary AstraZeneca suspension in Germany
Crossover Offline

In Germany, seven cases of a very rare sinus vein blood clot in the brain have occurred in persons who had an AstraZeneca shot shortly before. This is different from the ordinary blood clots observed in Denmark, Norway and other countries.
Although the German health minister had criticized Denmark and others for stopping the AstraZ vaccinations, now he decided to do the same after these brain complications with 3 deaths have occurred, and the German Paul-Ehrlich institute for vaccination security issued a recommendation to suspend AstraZ. The reason is that this very rare blood clot in the brain usually affects only 50 persons per year, and 7 cases in a short time is very striking.
It is very likely that AstraZ directly caused this complication, but nevertheless the chances to be affected are around 1:250,000, and it is much more likely to die from Covid, so the AstraZ vaccinations will most probably be resumed in a few days.
Unfortunately, some people are constructing "nationalist" political motivations for this suspension, which is very stupid.

#502495 - 03/19/21 05:02 PM Re: Temporary AstraZeneca suspension in Germany [Re: Crossover]
Crossover Offline

AstraZeneca vaccinations have been resumed again today, an indication for the extremely low risk of brain vein blood clot has been added.
Nearly everybody in Germany is angry at the slow speed of vaccinations. Too much trust was put in the EU‘s procurement of vaccines, which was a bad idea, as everything in the EU with its 27 member states is ssssslllllloooooooowwwwww.

#502497 - 03/20/21 12:36 PM Re: Temporary AstraZeneca suspension in Germany [Re: Crossover]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Have you been vaccinated yet? If not, I hope you get the shot(s) soon.

Be well,

russ

#502498 - 03/21/21 04:31 AM Re: Temporary AstraZeneca suspension in Germany [Re: Crossover]
Crossover Offline

Thanks, yes, my mom and I have both been vaccinated twice with BioNTech (/Pfizer). I was lucky to have been invited to vaccinations by a nursing home as I play the organ at services there. Otherwise I would have had to wait until May or later.

#502499 - 03/21/21 11:31 AM Re: Temporary AstraZeneca suspension in Germany [Re: Crossover]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
GOOD!

R.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online