SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#50227 - 05/02/03 09:56 AM Technics is the most versitle keyboard you can own
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Lets get this topic going about the reasons you like your Technics keyboard better then any others you have used or owned.
In 20 years of Keyboards, 20 more years of Organs and accordians, and 35 years of Pianos, I have concluded in my limited experience that Technics is the best hands down I have owned 4 Technics and I'm leaning into the fifth one, SOON, hopefully.
What say you my peers and friends?
No fights or arguments please and thanks
Bebop

------------------
BEBOP
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

#50228 - 05/02/03 12:09 PM Re: Technics is the most versitle keyboard you can own
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
In 50 years of accordian,40 years of organ, and 20 years of keyboards, I have never seen an instrument as good as my 7000. I said the same of my 5000.My top end Clavinova is good as a home instrument for my wife,but the OS is cumbersome.
If you want to set up as a recording studio.All the tools are there.

You have a virtual organ, or should I say several organs from B3 to theater to mighty pipes. And with pedals, registrations for them if desired.Saying nothing of many accordians of stunning realism.

With the excellent sound system w/sub woofer,you can go to any small to medium job without all of the baggage and setup. The SD card with Favorites,medley ,sound or audio play lets you store your songs in any order. This includes Technics,midi,or even full wave performances.
For singing, the onboard system is almost as good as my harmonizer.
All of these advantages I have found in three months, and I haven't begun to really know it.

The tools and voices and parameters goes on and on.

#50229 - 05/02/03 12:42 PM Re: Technics is the most versitle keyboard you can own
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BEBOP:
[B]Lets get this topic going about the reasons you like your Technics keyboard better then any others you have used or owned.

I have researched all the top keyboards with one main desire---To sound as close to a real big band as I can get. Jazz, latin, 30's, 40's, 50's, my KN7000 does it, and it does it very well. John C.

#50230 - 05/02/03 01:39 PM Re: Technics is the most versitle keyboard you can own
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I did a gig on Tuesday night, in a hall that was about half the size of a tennis court. The KN7000, without any external amplification, did the job admirably. Several people remarked on the realistic sounds and one person actually commented that he found the music a bit loud. I asked where he was sitting and he replied about half way up the room!!

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#50231 - 05/02/03 02:21 PM Re: Technics is the most versitle keyboard you can own
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
I totally agree with that, and each time after thorough compare and related on my musical needs (and financial priorities ). But I wonder if the answer on this question in a Technics-forum seems a little biased and the answer looks a little bit predictable, don't you think?
Maybe someone should asked this in the Yamaha or X forum .
Otherwise, there are many members who can compare and arguments 'pro and contra' sharpens the discussion and helps to be critical consumers, so go on react on Bob's proposition, please.
Cees

#50232 - 05/02/03 02:47 PM Re: Technics is the most versitle keyboard you can own
Artaher Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Well, it is obvious people in this Technics forum prefers Technics keyboards. Perhaps, for neutral persons as I am, it will be a great help to know the reasons you like your Technics keyboard better than Yamaha or others. Bepop said something about a better OS in Technics keyboards. Anything more? What about sounds (piano voice..., styles, solid making of keyboard, etc?

#50233 - 05/02/03 05:00 PM Re: Technics is the most versitle keyboard you can own
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
over the last 15 years or so, I've had Technics, Korg , Yamaha & Roland Arranger Keyboards. My favourite is definitely the Technics as I find them easier and more intuitive to use. In the KN7 you've got a complete package. Good sequencer, great style creation features, sound editing etc.
and for me best of all audio & the sd card.

To me the types of styles are also fairly important. I like the kn styles, but they may not suit everyone. I find my 9000pro and VA7 slightly more suited to ballad & pop type styles whereas I prefer the Latin and (old time) dance & bigband music on my KN7.
It really boils down to the individual in the end and what pleases them.
Check out the keyboards thoroughly before you make your desicion.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Artaher:
Well, it is obvious people in this Technics forum prefers Technics keyboards. Perhaps, for neutral persons as I am, it will be a great help to know the reasons you like your Technics keyboard better than Yamaha or others. Bepop said something about a better OS in Technics keyboards. Anything more? What about sounds (piano voice..., styles, solid making of keyboard, etc?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#50234 - 05/02/03 06:41 PM Re: Technics is the most versitle keyboard you can own
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
I agree with Rikki's conclusions---the positive statements about Technics, but maybe not the board for everyone. I've had about six Technics (losing count) and passed on the 7000 to remain with the 6500 for now. Instead, I wanted a different direction in styles, etc., so I recently added the Yamaha 2k, while waiting for the 2100 to show. The reason---I use these boards strictly in a multitrack recording environment, not live performance. So, "styles" are my primary concern, rather than SD cards and other technological gizmos. Yes, Technics corners the market in jazz, latin, big band, etc. And I love it. But what about country and pop? Upon hearing those Yamaha styles, I was stunned. They've nailed some of the Nashville sounds (guitar strums, licks, fills) that sound much like authentic session players. The styles are closer to what I've been looking for in replicating a real combo sound. In this area, Technics styles are too affected and too busy. Maybe, as others, I'm anxious to see what will show on the new 2600. Will it be more of the same in styles/sounds, or will Technics step out and offer something decidedly different from the past?

#50235 - 05/02/03 06:59 PM Re: Technics is the most versitle keyboard you can own
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by cees:
I totally agree with that, and each time after thorough compare and related on my musical needs (and financial priorities ). But I wonder if the answer on this question in a Technics-forum seems a little biased and the answer looks a little bit predictable, don't you think?
Maybe someone should asked this in the Yamaha or X forum .
Otherwise, there are many members who can compare and arguments 'pro and contra' sharpens the discussion and helps to be critical consumers, so go on react on Bob's proposition, please.
Cees

Cees, I don't see a point in asking about Technics in a different keyboard forum. My thinking is that if they are in a different keyboard forum they have probably never had a technics or they would be here with us.
I have had had all these keyboard and sound modules and samplers and I have to conclude that Technics is the way to go for most people. I currently have 9 other keyboards in my recording studio and two samplers but seldom use them except in a particular nitch where they might be required
GO TECHNICS!
Bebop

#50236 - 05/03/03 12:44 AM Re: Technics is the most versitle keyboard you can own
Mike ORegan Offline

It is my considered opinion that most folks would sooner admit to marrying the wrong person than say that they bought the wrong keyboard (or car for that matter!!)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online