SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#501962 - 01/09/21 05:55 PM Glad to join you on this forum...and sharing a bit
Delkeen Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Hi. Del Keeney here. Though I've "listened in" for some time, I am eager to make connections and to learn from this forum. My intro. to Roland arrangers was back in the late 90s with a Roland E-96. I actually still have that arranger keyboard, but recently took the leap to track down and purchase a BK-9 keyboard. I just acquired the unit in December.

Prior to that, I added other Roland instruments to try to enhance the arranger with a better keybed (Roland A-70) and better sounds (Roland sc-880 rackmount). At the time, I was piecing together the equivalent of a G1000. Though I took piano lessons earlier in my life, these instruments have been for my own personal enjoyment, as well as for occasional use in the congregations where I have served (I am a pastor). I do some song-writing, and usually use the support of my spouse who is an capable pianist to actually share those tunes.

Over the past decade and more, I've added a sequencer (MC-80), and a vintage Roland A90 88 key controller, over the years. As I approach retirement, I decided to update a bit with something in the BK series. I actually was watching for a BK-7m to use with my A-90, and then found myself intrigued by the capabilities of the BK-9.

I'm very much in the learning stage now, and already have been helped through some other contacts with both Diki and Fran. Thanks to them for their generous assistance!

At Diki's encouragement, I've signed on here in the hope that my questions and comments will be helpful to others.

That's it for now.

Del

#501963 - 01/09/21 07:04 PM Re: Glad to join you on this forum...and sharing a bit [Re: Delkeen]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Welcome Del. Glad you made it here safely!

If you feel like it, copy this and post it up on the General forum too...

Bit lonely in here these days, LOL ๐Ÿ˜‚

#501971 - 01/10/21 07:10 PM Re: Glad to join you on this forum...and sharing a bit [Re: Delkeen]
Delkeen Offline

Thanks, Diki.

I did post on the general forum earlier today. Thanks for the suggestion.

I did notice that things are a bit quiet right now!

Del

#501991 - 01/12/21 08:08 AM Re: Glad to join you on this forum...and sharing a bit [Re: Delkeen]
Diki Offline

Donโ€™t expect things to get better! For all my efforts to change our focus from equipment to music, the main reason people populate forums like this is to talk about the latest gear they bought, or problems they are having getting used to it. Everyone that uses Roland equipment has, unless they bought it secondhand, already had at the very least five YEARS to come to terms with it and find the solutions to the problems they found!

Unfortunately, in the minds of so many, many players, newer equals better! That takes Roland out of that equation LOL. They no longer make anything newer for usโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜‚

So, you will find me probably hanging out on the main forum rather more than in here. But every day I check for new messages, so feel free to post with any questions, at any timeโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜ท๐ŸŽน

#501997 - 01/12/21 10:20 AM Re: Glad to join you on this forum...and sharing a bit [Re: Diki]
Delkeen Offline

Understood!

As you can see, I did post my last comments (and inquiry about using the BK9 arranger with another controller) on the general board. Should I duplicate here? Or simply hold specific BK9 questions and comments for this forum?

I welcome your guidance.

Del

#502011 - 01/13/21 06:13 PM Re: Glad to join you on this forum...and sharing a bit [Re: Delkeen]
Diki Offline

I think that specific Roland questions are best served here, but if they touch on general arranger operation, could easily go on the main forum. If I think anything starts to get of wider interest, I can always post a link to it or copy it to the main forum....

#502024 - 01/14/21 05:45 PM Re: Glad to join you on this forum...and sharing a bit [Re: Diki]
Delkeen Offline

Thanks, Diki. I will keep those recommendations in mind.

Del

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online