SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#502165 - 02/05/21 09:24 PM Roland E-A7 Styles
Bobby Offline

Hi
I live in Sweden and, i recently bought a E-A7 that i am really enjoying, exept for one thing: It is full of styles from parts of the world that i can´t use.
My question is if you have, or know where i can get, styles from USA, England or so?
I also have a Yamaha PSR S900 and most of the styles there are fine and i i also found tons of styles on internet to download for Yamaha. Are there places like that for Roland users?

Bobby

#502168 - 02/07/21 04:55 AM Re: Roland E-A7 Styles [Re: Bobby]
fozzie Online   content

Hi Bobby!
Look here
https://createsongstyles.com/

Regards
/fozzie

#502170 - 02/07/21 06:34 AM Re: Roland E-A7 Styles [Re: Bobby]
Bobby Offline

Thanks Fozzie! I will take a look! smile

#502181 - 02/07/21 01:24 PM Re: Roland E-A7 Styles [Re: Bobby]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Just about any Roland style from the last 20 years will work in an EA7....

Plenty of ways to Google those!

And, although the EA7 has probably the largest and widest selection of non-Western styles of any arranger, that hasn’t come at the cost of less styles in other categories. They were simply added.

I would suggest getting VERY familiar with the Makeup Tools section. This is where you can turn a less than impressive style from an older arranger (or a style converted from completely different brands) into something as good as the ROM styles. Every drum inside a kit can be edited, send effects can be added or adjusted, drum sounds can be changed altogether.

Get used to working the Makeup Tools, you can turn something you would never use into a favorite style!

#502209 - 02/09/21 08:12 AM Re: Roland E-A7 Styles [Re: Bobby]
Bobby Offline

Ok, from what i can see i can only change the instruments...not how they are played?
I will dive in to this section tomorrow.
Thanks
Bobby

#502212 - 02/09/21 11:15 AM Re: Roland E-A7 Styles [Re: Bobby]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
By that you mean the sounds, but not the actual notes?

Yes, the Makeup Tools are simply for editing everything about the sound a style uses. But especially for older styles, that may be enough. You’ll generally find that older styles tend to address the oldest sounds in an arranger, legacy GM/GS sounds that don’t compare as favorably with the latest sounds and kits.

Simply changing these out for newer sounds and kits will do miracles!

Then there’s the issue of velocity switched sounds, guitars that sound picked harder as they are hit harder, drum sounds that change samples as hit harder (a hihat that gets splashier as it is hit harder e.g.) brass that changes timbre as played harder or softer etc..

The Makeup tools allow you to offset the style part’s overall velocity to get the sound into the area where those changes are most musical (if there are any dynamics in the first place!), and then the volume offset settles the sound back to the volume it was in before you adjusted velocity... And this can be done individually to each and every drum sound within a kit. Not to mention, you can change each drum sound to any other sound (within a kit’s choices), and alter each drum sound’s reverb and chorus send.

If a style you imported doesn’t excite you but you think the basic groove and notes work okay, a few minutes tinkering with the Makeup Tools can make it amazing! But no, if you want totally different parts, you are going to have to roll up your sleeves and get dirty with the Style Composer!

Don’t forget one easy shortcut, though.... If you like the drums of one style, the bassline of another, the guitars from another, it’s a lot quicker to import those Parts to assemble a ‘Frankenstyle’ than to create one from scratch!

#502219 - 02/10/21 04:34 AM Re: Roland E-A7 Styles [Re: Bobby]
Bobby Offline

"Don’t forget one easy shortcut, though.... If you like the drums of one style, the bassline of another, the guitars from another, it’s a lot quicker to import those Parts to assemble a ‘Frankenstyle’ than to create one from scratch!"

How do i do that?

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online