SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#501621 - 11/28/20 05:13 PM New 2021 BIAB out
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
New PG Music BIAB for 2021

Anyone might be interested in the new update for this new year?
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows® is here!

We've been busy and added 80 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 202 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, and more!

We have Bonus PAKs with 40 RealTracks in addition to the 202 new RealTracks, as well as a set of 14 new "RealDrums Singles," so in total an amazing 256 new RealTracks and RealDrums are available! The Bonus PAKs also include 2 new Instrumental Studies Sets including Blues Shuffle Guitar Soloing featuring Nashville guitar legend Johnny Hiland, and a set focusing on soloing studies for minor jazz blues. There is a new Artist Performance Set that adds new traditional Celtic tunes featuring flautist/whistle-player Geoff Kelly. There are also 19 new MIDI SuperTracks, over 100 new RealDrums transcriptions, and new "Look Ma! More MIDI!" sets with 30 new MIDI styles.

In addition, there are over 300 new RealStyles that use the new RealTracks. These include great Fusion, Smooth Jazz, and Blues with Nashville great Brent Mason, Modern Jazz & Electronic Funk with Jeff Lorber, and Slack Key guitar with Brent Mason. There are beautiful World Music styles such as African Nanigo, Cuban Cascara, and Brazilian Partido Alto. There are new classic guitar styles such as "Dublin Pop" and "90s Grunge", Indie Folk-Rock guitar and 60s Coffeehouse with Quinn Bachand, which also includes a RealTracks first, Dulcimer! There are new Reggae RealTracks, new "Nashville Radio" and Americana styles which include another RealTracks first, Acoustic Baritone Guitar! There are Minor Jazz Blues Changes, New Age piano, Celtic styles with new guitars and jaw harp RealTracks, and another RealTracks first, Tin Whistle! There is Lap Steel with Nashville great Eddy Dunlap, as well as Old Time Mandolins, Banjos & Fiddles, and a new Swinging Shuffle Gospel Vocals style!

Plus, we've made a new Xtra Styles PAK 10 with 200 Xtra Styles. (Xtra Styles are styles based on previously released RealTracks). There is also a MultiStyles PAK which includes a total of 30 new MultiStyles, and includes a total of 150 individual styles. And there is a new set of "Rediscovered" styles, which is a set of 64 new RealStyles that utilize 72 previously unused RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI SuperTracks.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Jackery-Portab...06607&psc=1

Edited by tassiespirit (11/28/20 05:15 PM)

#501622 - 11/28/20 06:57 PM Re: New 2021 BIAB out [Re: tassiespirit]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Yep, already visited PGMusic and saw the release. Not sure I'm going to update this year. Proberly will but, I really haven't been using it and not sure I really need any of the new features. $100 for 200 new real tracks? Just not sure as I've not used the 2500 realtracks I already have. I love BIAB but it is a lot more complex than it lets on and requires some serious learning.

#501633 - 11/30/20 02:04 AM Re: New 2021 BIAB out [Re: ekurburski]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Yep not always necessary to update every year if you think it doesn't offer new features you need.

#501639 - 11/30/20 04:18 PM Re: New 2021 BIAB out [Re: Nigel]
ekurburski Offline

But then again, $100 for 200 new real tracks is only 50 cents apiece. With over 3100 real tracks does this mean I've invested over $1500 in this program over the years already? If so, whats another hundred?

#501665 - 12/02/20 07:20 PM Re: New 2021 BIAB out [Re: ekurburski]
ekurburski Offline

Went ahead and did it! Can't go a year without the new updates. In fact, went for the UltraPax ant $149.00 on the harddrive. PG Music provides d'l links on all orders so will start d'ling tomorrow so I won't have to wait for the drive to arrive b4 being able to play with it.

#501666 - 12/02/20 08:10 PM Re: New 2021 BIAB out [Re: ekurburski]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Originally Posted By ekurburski
Went ahead and did it! Can't go a year without the new updates. In fact, went for the UltraPax ant $149.00 on the harddrive. PG Music provides d'l links on all orders so will start d'ling tomorrow so I won't have to wait for the drive to arrive b4 being able to play with it.

Same here. since I am on the other side of the water, I started to download some of the updates already. As postage will take longer for me.

Also, my last purchase was a few years ago, so I am already seeing a bigger difference for my money.

Allan

#501671 - 12/04/20 11:22 AM Re: New 2021 BIAB out [Re: tassiespirit]
ekurburski Offline

Well, seems I'm caught up in "gaotta have the latest". Not sure that it is the best use of my money but what the heck. I'm getting back into it to a great degree. Mildly impressed with the DAW plugin. As I see it, this allows for doing more generated tracks in the DAW. Haven't tried that aspect yet but it does sound interesting.

#501675 - 12/04/20 09:17 PM Re: New 2021 BIAB out [Re: tassiespirit]
ZootAllures Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
I started using BIAB back in the Atari days. I miss some of the old Atari software. Some of it was unique.. I used a bunch of it again on the Atari emulator Steem with Windows 98 and XP. Now I'm curious if Steem works on Windows 8 and 10.

I purchased an early PC version of BIAB, and upgraded once back in the days of Windows XP, but it's been many years. Real Tracks weren't even a "thing" yet. I just upgraded to 2021 Ultra Pak plus last week. For an upgrade it's 199 USD right now. I got the 2021 Bonus Pak upgrade as well, and the external drive ( it just came today ) so it wound up being around 269 bucks ( I think ). For that money, it looks to be a great value... no way for me to go wrong.. It's more complex now and I need to learn a lot to get "up to speed"... but my goodness, there is a lot in there to work with and also learn from. I'm pretty happy so far !

#501681 - 12/05/20 03:05 PM Re: New 2021 BIAB out [Re: ZootAllures]
ekurburski Offline

welcome to 2021 Zoots. I'm sure you're going to really enjoy the package. Hope to see you on the PG forum.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online