SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#501458 - 11/13/20 02:33 PM For Alpine Music Lovers
Crossover Offline

Just found this on Youtube yesterday. It‘s nice these young Austrian musicians keep Oberkrainer music alive. Oberkrainer is no traditional Alpine music, but a mixture of Alpine and modern elements invented in Slovenia in the late 1950s by Slavko Avsenik.
This tune was composed by the excellent Slovenian trumpeter Ivan Prešern. The song title refers to Janez Per, a famous Bariton horn player and co-musician of Prešern.

#501462 - 11/14/20 01:26 AM Re: For Alpine Music Lovers [Re: Crossover]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Oberkrainer music has been played by German and other European organ and keyboard players for decades, so is pretty common, however it is not much liked outside Europe which is why it doesn’t pop up on YouTube (And other sites) that often unless you specifically search for it.

Bill

#501466 - 11/14/20 02:28 AM Re: For Alpine Music Lovers [Re: abacus]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
Oberkrainer music has been played by German and other European organ and keyboard players for decades, so is pretty common, however it is not much liked outside Europe which is why it doesn’t pop up on YouTube (And other sites) that often unless you specifically search for it.

Bill

I just explained its origin as not everybody knows that it‘s not really traditional music.
In my part of Germany very few people like Oberkrainer and Alpine music in general. I like it as long as they don‘t sing.

#501482 - 11/15/20 02:17 PM Re: For Alpine Music Lovers [Re: Crossover]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Well, gotta say it is uplifting and rather enjoyable.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online