SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#50070 - 12/28/02 10:07 PM KN7000 software
rmcouat Offline

Loc: Vancouver BC Canada
I recently got a KN7000. Can you believe my mom bought it for me for helping her out over the years - now to put things in perspective I am 51 years old and my mom is 82. What a nice mom wouldn't you say, I am sure a few of you would like to be adopted :-) This is quite a step up from the KN1400 I have used over the past year. I am originally an accordion player since age 10 that got a MIDI kit and then a first Technics keyboard as a sound generation module and fell in love with the versatility of the machine.

I know it is a first effort by Panasonic but the application software for the PC was a bit of an underwhelming experience for me. The sound recorder seems to add pops and static much like playing a vinyl record most of us remember still. Has anyone else experienced this? The PC runs XP on a 1.7 Ghz machine with 768 MByte RAM size so resources should not be a problem. I am a Java server software developer by day so a decent sized machine is required to get the work done.

Thanks

Ron

#50071 - 12/29/02 03:22 AM Re: KN7000 software
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Ron,
I too had problems with the Panasonic sound recorder. Have a look at this topic - something there may help. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/000928.html
Cheers

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#50072 - 12/29/02 10:02 AM Re: KN7000 software
rmcouat Offline

Loc: Vancouver BC Canada
Thanks for the reply, I had a look and the config of the laptop I use has similar sizing to the one that gave you problems even after disabling GoBack. I don't run GoBack and still have slight drop out problems. Time to try the Windows recording programs that are out there.

Ron

#50073 - 12/29/02 10:37 AM Re: KN7000 software
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Ron,
There is a whole series of information about recording glitches on the Yahoo KN7000 group forum. A good place to start is with message #625 which I posted. It basically says that my problem after checking everything else on my laptop was that hard drive DMA was not turned on. I believe that there is nothing wrong with the recording software. The limitation is that the .WAV file is recorded on the fly without benefit of much (if any) of a buffer, so hard drive speed is paramount as well as is an unfragmented drive.
Between this forum and the Yahoo forum, you can learn almost anything.
Good Luck,
Walt

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online