SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#500398 - 08/24/20 02:25 AM Re: A fine howdy doody! [Re: Diki]
Magali Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Jump Diki

like others, i look forward to your return here. I hardly ever intervene because of my bad English.
I am a daily member of this forum and others since it exists. The American divide, it also exists in France.
A little less polarized can be seen.I hope that all people can regain some serenity in the future but it still fears not bad
I've always considered Diki an exceptional scholar about what we're dealing with. Even consider me rather qualified on these subjects (nearly 40 years of experience)
I worked like a fool to build alternative sound banks for Dan's vArranger software for example.
There are still very competent personalities here and above all with a clear sense of restraint in dialog, so I wish a return to good form in the forum.

#500418 - 08/24/20 07:02 PM Re: A fine howdy doody! [Re: Diki]
Nick G Online   content

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
That is great to hear - welcome back Diki. cheers!

#500420 - 08/25/20 01:37 AM Re: A fine howdy doody! [Re: Magali]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By Magali
I hardly ever intervene because of my bad English.

Don't ever worry about your English. We understand you just fine. Much better than many native English speakers. I only wish I could communicate in other languages myself as well as you do.

#500421 - 08/25/20 05:29 AM Re: A fine howdy doody! [Re: Diki]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Magali

Yes,please join in. As a long time sound engineer,you can bring much knowledge to this forum. I find it interesting that you were a major contributor to vArranger,which I have. I have been looking for a sound engine to replace my SD2,but haven't the knowledge to work with VST's. Can you recommend an internal engine?
Bernie

#500434 - 08/26/20 12:55 PM Re: A fine howdy doody! [Re: Diki]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I hope Diki and all our other members on the Gulf Coast are doing OK with Hurricane Laura!

Edited by montunoman (08/26/20 12:58 PM)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#500440 - 08/28/20 02:38 AM Re: A fine howdy doody! [Re: Bernie9]
Magali Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Hi Bernie9

I know that you are intervening on the English forum of vArranger.

The difficulty with the sound engines is that none can respond to the programs change in General Midi 2 , according to the number map of each manufacturer.

That's why Dan developed a home system that recognizes the origin of styles by brand.

I built a bank for Ketron styles but qualitatively it's a little less than SD2. You cannot emulate organ flutes with sound font for example.

Apart from this restriction and certain restrictions in the effects , this bank can replace an SD2 even under so-called professional working conditions.

Of course, those who use VSTs and VSTi can significantly improve the sound result but at the cost of a job that requires a minimum of know-how.

If you have questions sometimes never hesitate to ask whether it is here or on the forum of vA. I am always listening.

#500443 - 08/28/20 02:08 PM Re: A fine howdy doody! [Re: montunoman]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By montunoman
I hope Diki and all our other members on the Gulf Coast are doing OK with Hurricane Laura!

This one far away. But thanks for asking...

#500452 - 08/29/20 04:36 AM Re: A fine howdy doody! [Re: Diki]
Bachus Offline

Good to see you again on this forum, i guess thats what the forum needs.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online